Which Supercharger on an SN95 yields the best E.T.'s?

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Im talkin stock car and just the basic supercharger kits. Vortech, Kenne Bell, or Procharger. which is the best bang for the buck? What about with slicks? i know the Kenne Bell makes loads of torque but the centrifugals make the big ponies. im not even close to being ready to buy a supercharger, i just want to know what path to take in the future.

Justin

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
If you want good rwhp, go with a turbo..labor intense to install. S/C are a lot easier to install. If your going the s/c way, I recommend the vortech sq with the cooler. You will get good numbers and performance with that set up. Kb s/c cobras are fun to drive on the street but does not yield high h/p...no inter-cool features.

Last edited:

cobrasvtxyz

PoWeR tO wEiGhT!
Established Member
are you kidding?? vortech??:nonono: they are so shity. if you want power go with a PAXTON NOVI 2000. it is the best and only supercharger to go with! the NOVI has an inch bigger impeller thus creating more power!:rockon:

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by 97 svt cbra
turbo kits justin

He asked about superchargers not turbos. Why in every supercharger thread are there one of u guys. Not everyone can afford it, matter of fact hardly anyone can. Also, this guy said BASE kit. So u really think its worth it to spend $8k or $9k instead on $3k when you cant go over 450 hp anyway with the stock block. Almost any of the supercharger kits out there will reach that level. I cant understand u guys :bash:

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by cobrasvtxyz
are you kidding?? vortech??:nonono: they are so shity. if you want power go with a PAXTON NOVI 2000. it is the best and only supercharger to go with! the NOVI has an inch bigger impeller thus creating more power!:rockon:

Why are u comparing a novi 2000 to an S-Trim instead of a T-Trim. I guess vortech made themselves the biggest name in superchargers by making shitty products:rollseyes

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Driver yields the best et's. just cause you get a supercharger doesnt mean you'll be fast. i saw a 96-98 gt with a vortech at the track run a 15.8.

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Originally posted by Black98COBRA
Driver yields the best et's. just cause you get a supercharger doesnt mean you'll be fast. i saw a 96-98 gt with a vortech at the track run a 15.8.

yeah i know what u mean. i have a friend with a 91 GT with dart heads, B-cam, full BBK exhaust and a paxton supercharger. his best time so far is a 14.1 :nonono: . im a pretty good driver. lets just say the driving is pefect, i mean PERFECT. is a KB blown cobra gonna be able to compete with a vortech or procharged cobra. im a huge fan of torque, i like the KB's price tag, and the install looks fairly striaght forward. what do u guys think. Nick, turbo is outa the question unless u wanna help me pay for it :thumbsup: .

Justin

CY98Cobra

Established Member
the kb will pull a centri off the line but the centri will win in the top end. the longer you go the more the centri will gain.

Cantoodler

Your Face
Established Member
hey i know that guy with the 91 gt, his name is like James or something right? I havent seen him in forever, hes a nice guy

I figured the turbo might be out of the question, but maybe you hadnt thought of it so thats why i brought it up as it can combine the torque of a twin screw with the top end power of a centri

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Originally posted by Black98COBRA
the kb will pull a centri off the line but the centri will win in the top end. the longer you go the more the centri will gain.

so the twin screw would make a better car from a stop and the centri would be better from a roll or to a higher top speed. i think i may go with the KB. my 3.73's would go well with the torque i think. of course its gonna be awhile till this happens, but i am getting a new job, so we will see what happens.

Justin

SVT1996Cobra

Established Member
i'm putting my vote in for a KB, it's a great "light to light" blower if your just having fun, and theres nothing like the feel of torque. Plus, it doesn't require all the extras if you get the boost-a-pump. Also, considering you already have 3.73 gears (not enough gear for a N/A car IMO) they would work great with a roots blower.

Just my .02

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I have a kb s/c on my 94 and 98 Cobra. They are a lot of fun to drive on the street. Instant boost means instant power and torque but don't expect high h/p with a k/b s/c. My 98 cobra with a custom tune and 8lbs of boost only dyno 363 rwhp.

mystic venom

Established Member
Bro if ur interested in the kb check out the forums at kenne-bell.com, its not kenne bell's website but a enthusiast website, almost all will tell you to ditch their fmu, most of the guys are going with 255lph pump, 42 pound injectors, chip and custom tune. I agree that the hp numbers aren't as high but on the street your gone before they even knew what hit em, just imagine most of your torque at 2500 rather than 5000. KB seem to be very reliable just don't count on much support from KB after you buy the blower. I too am thinking of going the kB route once I forge my motor along with the water injection. Some of the guys are seeing 400 rwp and torque out of their setup at 9#'s. Some good information on that website, check it out

Chris

MidNight Snake

Established Member
The twin screw might feel faster around town, but the centrifugel will dominate on the track. These aren't 03/04 cobra motors. We almost have a 10:1 compresion ratio. Also, the KBs dont have any after cooling.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread