Votes: 9 4.3%
  • Royal Purple

Votes: 30 14.5%
  • Other

Votes: 28 13.5%

• Total voters

XFIRECHIEF

Established Member
100% AMSOIL & AMSOIL FILTERS TOO. Have used it since 1978 in my vehicles.
They now have a oil filter that goes all year too. I haven't tried that yet though. Since we only put on 4 to 5K per year it may be a little over kill but I believe it is worth it in the end.

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
I'm an Amsoil Preferred Customer, but I haven't ordered anything at wholesale yet. I think I'll stick to Mobil 1...

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
DO NOT USE 5W-20 weight oils...only reason for this viscocity is for CAFE numbers, which Ford benifits from.

They do not expect your cars to last with normal driving for more than 10 years. Had a buddy with a 2000 GT blow a rod in N/A trim.

No clearances in the 4.6L have changed...I challenge anyone to tell me which ones have...

John and Renae

Established Member
I run Mobil 1 for my synthetic oil.

However, lately I have been using the motorcraft syn blend due to costs. I have 4 vehicles that I do oil changes in and it gets a little pricey...Especially since I have a 7qt pan on the coupe, 6.5 quarts in my sister-in-laws t-bird, and 6 in the mach...

Last edited:

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
mf150 said:
DO NOT USE 5W-20 weight oils...only reason for this viscocity is for CAFE numbers, which Ford benifits from.

They do not expect your cars to last with normal driving for more than 10 years. Had a buddy with a 2000 GT blow a rod in N/A trim.

No clearances in the 4.6L have changed...I challenge anyone to tell me which ones have...
I've had Ford techs tell me to use nothing other than 5w30 oils

DeVicci

Established Member
I'm really surprised more people dont use Castrol. Outside of these boards of the folks I've spoke with... it seemed to be the common denominator.

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
DeVicci said:
I'm really surprised more people dont use Castrol. Outside of these boards of the folks I've spoke with... it seemed to be the common denominator.
After all, it's liquid engineering...right?

93feature

Established Member
I ran mobil 1 5-30 full synthetic for the last 4 years and I swear that oil would fine it's way to leak at one of the gaskets if possible. I switched to amsoil (same weight) no more issues,and have always run fla-1 for the filter. I only put on maybe 1k a year and if I run the track it's dropped afterwards for sampling.

Users who are viewing this thread