• Left

Votes: 39 22.9%
  • right

Votes: 131 77.1%

• Total voters

Tat03Cobra

Established Member
Silver2003Cobra said:
well... your not doing it right.. take it to 3000 rpm, drop the clutch and floor it.. guaranteed that you #1 won't break anything and #2 won't get that wheel hop, since your tires will be spinning quite rapidly and not bouncing..

some day, try doing that with 560rwhp, then you wil see why I do not. :shrug:

peace

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I thought it was the direction the engine spins that creates the torque that sends the rear of the car to the right on dry pavement. However, if your drivers side tire is on dry pavement and your passenger tire is on wet [or more slippery] pavement, the car will go left.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Yesterday, on the highway, I broke loose in third doing 45, to the right. I can never get the car to swing left when pointing strait. How do you guys do that?

2004Serpent

Established Member
they should all break to the right due to the direction that the drive shaft is spinning, sending power in one direction.

im sure if you broke loose in reverse the car should squat to the left.

I think so dont quote me.

2003 Silver

Banned
Hopity-hop from a dead start....to the right a little in second or third. It seems most go to the right....does it correspond at all to the weight of the driver being on the left side?? :shrug:

Trmin8r

Established Member
2004Serpent said:
they should all break to the right due to the direction that the drive shaft is spinning, sending power in one direction.

im sure if you broke loose in reverse the car should squat to the left.

I think so dont quote me.

I think this is right because of the right hand rule. It is an engineering thing that I can not explain. I think when you go to the left, it is becuase your wheel is tilted (possibly for compensating for you knowing it will go right.) If you are lined up straight, you should go right.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Most high powered cars will steer right (rear swings out to left) on acceleration because the rotation of the driveshaft (pinion) causes a counter rotation of the rear axle (or halfshafts) pusing the left rear tire down and lifting the right. Thus, the left rear has more traction, which tends to steer the car to the left, at least until the Traction Lock tightens up. That's why, if you move the battery to the trunk, you put it on the right, to try to equalize traction.

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
If we are speaking in terms of where the rear goes, I always break loose to the left. Don't think I have ever broke loose to the right.

Users who are viewing this thread