which would you buy: 96 cobra or 97 vortech

Domindart

94 cobra
Established Member
I have my eye on two mustangs, but not sure which to pursue.

Both have about 50k miles.

The cobra is mystic, but has a rebuilt engine and sounds done right. forged flat top pistons and rods, 2004 cobra polished crank, viper T-45 trans, new oil pump, water pump, longtubes, tint, saleen wheels etc. etc.. This car is in North Carolina, Im in atlanta ga.

The red 97 is basically a sleeper (though I may put exhaust on it and drop the stance) w chrome cobra rims. Nothing done really except the vortech supercharger pushing 80-100 hp and 3.73 gears. This car has been in storage but says its good to go, as a DD. This car is up in Michigan. Again, Im in atlanta.

The distance isn't a issue really, as long as I'm confident enough to buy when I get there. Otherwise I'm throwing money away on plane tickets.

I'm not sure whether rebuilt engine is a plus or minus in the case of these two cars. I like the work done to the cobra, but I like the fact that the 97 red is untouched/ not rebuilt.

So which would you buy? I'm looking for a fun to drive DD.

Oh and lets just say both are about 7500-8500 in price. The red 97 is a bit less.

5I95Lb5Ed3I53M23Jcc51e7c45c2eae4113b0.jpg

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

Last edited:

Domindart

94 cobra
Established Member
Beautiful Lightning in your sig!

I do not have a garage.. that's another dilemma lol..

The guy said he knows who rebuilt the engine. I imagine that I could look that guy up.

"Valentine performance built the motor in ohio. I dont have the paper work on this build but I guess you could contact them. This is what was told to me from another previous owner."

If I do some calling, what kind of questions should I ask?

Last edited:

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
Beautiful Lightning in your sig!

I do not have a garage.. that's another dilemma lol..

The guy said he knows who rebuilt the engine. I imagine that I could look that guy up.

"Valentine performance built the motor in ohio. I dont have the paper work on this build but I guess you could contact them. This is what was told to me from another previous owner."

If I do some calling, what kind of questions should I ask?

Thanks.

I would talk to them and see if they can fax the paper work or have them mail it.

As for not having a garage, get a car cover till then.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Another vote for the mystic. What part of NC is it in?

Domindart

94 cobra
Established Member
Another vote for the mystic. What part of NC is it in?

not tellin' lol why?

I think the mystic is the better car too..... .. I had a friend w/ a 4.6 and that thing was kind of a slug lol...

I sent another text to the mystic guy... no word yet... dont know why.

Sonic03BlueGT

Established Member
Go with the mystic...i just looked at the add last night and thought it sounded like a good buy myself

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
not tellin' lol why?

I think the mystic is the better car too..... .. I had a friend w/ a 4.6 and that thing was kind of a slug lol...

I sent another text to the mystic guy... no word yet... dont know why.

Dont worry im not interested in it. Just curious if its near me or not.

boostaholick

Established Member
Id go with the mystic out of those two choices, but I would for sure look up a few shops around the area to let a mech. run threw it. Compression test and the whole nine. Good Luck with which ever you choose though bud !

Users who are viewing this thread