Which would you choose? New ZL1 or new GT350?

Which would you choose? New ZL1 or new GT350?

• 2017 Camaro ZL1

Votes: 62 47.0%
  • 2017 Shelby GT350

Votes: 56 42.4%
  • Neither, get a new Corvette Grand Sport

Votes: 14 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
If I wasn't almost 6'3" I'd say ZL1, it's bad ass and looks tough to boot. But I like to be comfortable and my head don't fit in the Camaro. And when I drive my cars I like to drive them all day and days on end. For that reason the one I would buy is the GT350.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Waiting for the next GT500 is bad advice.

Mustang fans are salivating at the thought of the GT500 and the longer the wait the more the anticipation. Basically what I'm trying to say is if you think the GT350/R ADM is crazy, wait till the 2018 GT500 comes out.

blk02edge

Established Member
For me ZL1 1LE > gt350R > gt350 > ZL1..
Kinda funny how my order works out. If the 350R and 1le were the same real world price it would be a very tough call.

blk02edge

Established Member

Mustang fans are salivating at the thought of the GT500 and the longer the wait the more the anticipation. Basically what I'm trying to say is if you think the GT350/R ADM is crazy, wait till the 2018 GT500 comes out.
No way will the gt500 adm surpass the 350R, it will be far easier to get

Recon

Established Member
I think the 1LE version would be too much for a street car for me. I dont need the 10/10ths version. Krypton green would be overkill. I prefer race red, ruby red, lightning blue for the GT350 and red, blue or silver for the ZL1.
No problem. Race red looks good on a Voodoo. And those colors look great on a ZL1, Silver would be my choice.
One thing I didn't really like is they put to small of a blower on the LT4, in my opinion. Much more efficient power and cooling capabilities with the 2.3L from the LS9, then a 1.7L. That's just me. Could've keep it at the same power level and the ZR1 could use the new 2.65L.
Don't mind me just thinking out loud.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

fangstang

Established Member

I have no interest in waiting for the GT500. As of right now, its non existent.

For me ZL1 1LE > gt350R > gt350 > ZL1..
Kinda funny how my order works out. If the 350R and 1le were the same real world price it would be a very tough call.

That is kinda funny. For me, it could be a flip of a coin(pending a test drive)

No way will the gt500 adm surpass the 350R, it will be far easier to get

If the past GT500 launches are any indication, I bet it will be as bad as the GT350 R. Ford really has a terrible dealership network. Hate it.

No problem. Race red looks good on a Voodoo. And those colors look great on a ZL1, Silver would be my choice.
One thing I didn't really like is they put to small of a blower on the LT4, in my opinion. Much more efficient power and cooling capabilities with the 2.3L from the LS9, then a 1.7L. That's just me. Could've keep it at the same power level and the ZR1 could use the new 2.65L.
Don't mind me just thinking out loud.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

I agree on the small blower.

kaz109

Established Member
I am not about bang for buck or all out performance, I'll get a GT350R ( in real life) then C7 grand sport ( Internet money) and not even last place...I would not get a ZL1 under any circumstance....it does absolutely nothing for me.

fast4v

Established Member
I went with a zl1 and absolutely love it. And this is from someone that's been a mustang guy for 25 yrs. the alpha platform is amazing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gravik

Established Member
Street car? ZL1

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
The Demon will rule them all, seriously. But, if you hate Dodge, then I would go with the 10A ZL1.

spectreman

Established Member
As a daily driver, GT350 hands down. Really impressed by the reports on the ZL1 but if your rear vision is still obscured, that's a deal killer for me, regardless of the performance value. And I love the Corvette G/S but I'm thinking crawling in and out of that car multiple times a day would get old real quick like.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I went with a zl1 and absolutely love it. And this is from someone that's been a mustang guy for 25 yrs. the alpha platform is amazing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to hear it! Sweet car! I know powerwise it destroys your Boss, but how is the handling and feel of the steering as compared to the Boss.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
GT350 with exhaust and tune would more than satisfy me. A ZL1 would be a close second.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
ZL1 for me. Still prefer straight line performance over turning. Both can turn, but the ZL1 has a power advantage (stock v stock)

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I think if you aren't just looking for numbers, my person opinion is, the GT350 looks better and sounds better. If you can get one for under 60k I personally would go that route. But if you are looking for that feel of power than the Zl1 is probably for you.

cam346

Established Member
zl1 (know surprise here) the gt350 is a very nice car. yes visibility is 100 times better, but the power is up there for around town driving. the zl1 has the adjustable shock that can make driving in town much easier.and power down low or top. the gt350 with the track package is a better value. it's not as extreme as the gt350r.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread