which would you do?

100GT03

Established Member
i wanna get cams for my car im thinking comp cam 262ah or 270ah the 262 i think would be a safer bet but the 270s sound alot meaner what are your guys' opinions? but i am also thinking about putting long tubes and an off road xpipe on my car and i have to choose to do one or the other now cause of my budget which would you guys do first?

Hellspeaker

Snake Bit'
Established Member
If you don't have exhaust id suggest getting that done. It will make your car breath so much better. Cam's are amazing aswell but that exhaust will make you fall in love with your car all over again.

100GT03

Established Member
i have exhaust just not headers i have flowmasters and i have cut my cats off i just wanna get longtubes and an xpipe..

02SSilverGT

Established Member
When looking at Comp Cams and cams in general for the 4.6 PI 2v you must consider piston to intake valve clearance issues. There is very little clearance on the intake valve side of the stock heads. A good place to look for cams is Modular Head Shop. The owner, Nick, has done quite a bit of research regarding this issue and has developed cams that will clear, as well as produce good power. He created these only after having problems with the various cams on the market. Below is a link where you can read about the comp cams you mentioned and clearance. There are also more links about the clearance issues on the Modular Head Shop web site. Also, if you are not putting in the cams yourself, you need to consider the cost of installation. They are not as easy as the old 5.0's and will require more time (money) to install. I hope this helps.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148107&page=3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread