whine noise on deceleration...

keeno

Established Member
Looking at a 2003 Cobra vert at a local dealership...it is bone stock down to the factory air box and ford mufflers...has 91k miles.....question is while listening to the engine, it is making a whining noise on decel after revving it up..doesnt sound like a turbo waste gate... almost like a pulley whining after letting off....does it with AC on and off...dealership says it is the supercharger...? any input?..we are going to test drive it again this afternoon.

keeno

Established Member
So only thing driven by outer belt is blower and alt.? Been reading up on bad alternator symptoms and pulley noises....

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Correct, hard to tell w/o hearing it. I know mine will belt whine at idle and rev, but it's a aftermarket pulley. Stock idlers could be bad also w/91K on it. grab them and see if there's any play in them and take a spray bottle of water and mist the belt while the cars running.

Last edited:

keeno

Established Member
Went back to test drive it again yesterday......now the damn top wont go up...goes down fine....and CEL came on ....they checking that stuff out.....then back up there this afternoon probably. If all that is fixed will probably buy it....then I can get back to checking to see about the whining.

Users who are viewing this thread