whipple@16#'s...DSS lvl2 is that going to be ok?

Painter

Established Member
I have an opportunity to buy DSSlvl2's for a good price and was wondering if these are good enough if I dont go over 600hp. What do you all think??

Painter

Established Member
Hey vector I am getting in on the mod fords whipple GP and am getting a 16# pully with it. so the way I figure it my car should have around 560rwhp. I have the pop tink and want it to go away plus I need better shafts to handle the increased HP. what size pully are you runnin? supposedly they only make even # pully's?

cdh027

Established Member
Better question would be "What pulley or what PSI will net you 600rwhp using 93 octane and a great tune ?" Is this even possible ?

n2fords2003

Established Member
Originally posted by cdh027-2
Better question would be "What pulley or what PSI will net you 600rwhp using 93 octane and a great tune ?" Is this even possible ?
19# maybe 21# and you would be an idiot

Last edited:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Painter
I have an opportunity to buy DSSlvl2's for a good price and was wondering if these are good enough if I dont go over 600hp. What do you all think??

When you say "good price" how much are we talking? Do you plan on racing alot? If it were me, at almost 600rwhp, I'd look into the prices of level 5's to get the most out of the IRS at the track w/ slicks.

Painter

Established Member
I am pretty much done drag racing, so the setup would be more for the street. I will go to the track to see what the whipple will do but other than that no slicks and skinnies. good price is a little more than half price brand new! $650.

Ray

Painter

Established Member
Kick his arse sea bass!! haha . He is obviously in a "slow cobra" and maybe he feels inferior to such men of high standards.

Last edited:

cdh027

Established Member
Kick his arse sea bass!! haha . He is obviously in a "slow cobra" and maybe he feels inferior to such men of high standards.

What the hell are you doing at home ? Arent you suppose to be out raping someone on a paint job ?

Painter

Established Member
I am doing bids and powerwashing today homo. Raping??....hardly my friend. I am inline with all the other guys around here as far as #'s go. Get off your ass and start your own business and see what happens. If you do it right you can make some money, after all thats why I started it.

Ray

gnxs

Established Member
Originally posted by n2fords2003
That gives 15

I'm sure it will give slightly varying (more than likely less) boost levels based on other variables, but Whipple quotes the 3.25 as a 16 psi pulley.

Your results may vary.

cdh027

Established Member
I am doing bids and powerwashing today homo. Raping??....hardly my friend. I am inline with all the other guys around here as far as #'s go. Get off your ass and start your own business and see what happens. If you do it right you can make some money, after all thats why I started it.

Ray

Stop trying to sound like a tough guy. Everyone knows you're knee high to a grasshopper. :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread