Whipple 2.3 sbtb to dual blade inlet?

Fostang

Established Member
Just bought a 2.3 whipple and it comes with a sbtb inlet. After hearing all the horror stories people have had with them it makes me aprehensive to run one.

I've talked to whipple and they will sell the stock style dual blade inlet for 350. Would you guys do it?

I plan on swapping out the 3.25 pulley for a 3.40 or 3.50. So you can see I plan on keeping boost under 15 psi on the ported stock tb.

I just want stock idle and throttle quality. 750 rpm idle etc.

Am I crazy or just being paranoid?

sidewayscoupe

Established Member
Sal my 03 has a 2.3 Whipple with a sbtb on it and it idles fine.

I actually had a guy who asked about trading for a conventional Whipple inlet I will forward you his PM.

I would stick with the SBTB, just my 2 cents.

Fostang

Established Member
what brand is the tb your running?

I've heard good things about billet flow ones but 450 for minimal gains at my boost level doesn't appeal to me.

89slowgt331

Established Member
I have a LFP single blade and it drives and idles fine, I'm shure you will be able to trade someone if you realy want to, they might even throw you some cash, good to here you got a whipple.

GodStang

Established Member
People have been running the single blades for almost 10 years now with zero problems I have had mine for 6yrs. Maybe one here or there once in a blue moon. Not sure why all of a sudden people are having all the problems or claiming they have heard it. Not sure if it is an increase in hack tuners or people that just do not know what they are doing.

Just look for a used single blade install it correctly and find a good 03-04 Cobra tuner and you should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread