Whipple 2.3

SCT93COBRA

Established Member
What kind of power can these make. Whipple claims 800hp. I assume thats flywheel. Is the Kenne Bell 2.6 a better choice? Looking to make 550hp at the wheels on pump gas. I have a JDM built motor, built trans, 60lb injectors, and twin walboro 255's. I know this is a big debate, but just need some more insight on making the right decision. I have had good luck with Whipple in the past. Just a weekend cruiser. Also, where is the best place to buy one? Any help is appreciated.

Jroc

Established Member
I know you probably own a 02/03 HD so you are posting this in the right area, but the HD forum on SVTP has become pretty dead, so if you have questions in the future the Gen2 L thread will probably be a better choice to get a good quick answer. :beer:

Anyway 550+ WHP should be no problem for a build motor L/HD running either a Whipple 2.3 or KB 2.6. If you want to get into some good topend work such as TFS heads/cams/etc you can make a lot more than 550 whp with one of these blowers. IDK where the best place to buy a Whipple for our motors is. Ask Steve at Tousley maybe? I think FR still sells Whipples for our trucks.

One thing that is starting to catch on with the L/HD guys is buying a midplate that's made to mount a GT500 blower(or any aftermarket blower that's made to fit a GT500) to our 5.4L, 2v motors. IMO a 2013 GT500's TVS 2300 mounted on a L/HD would be the shit, and should give you better lowend torque production than a TS, while still giving you similar power up top when compared to the smaller TS.

Pre-Order an M122/TVS adapter plate - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com

Users who are viewing this thread