whipple 2.9 17-18psi w/ngk tr7's what gap?

SSChris NY

Established Member
TR-7's are to hot, the gap should be .32 and stick with the TR-6's or the Motocrafts 412 its what I run with my Whipple 2.9 at that boost level

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
im pretty sure tr6 is one step colder than stock and tr7's are 2 steps colder?

Yes you are correct. Not sure if you need that cold of a plug for 17-18 psi though. I'm running same boost with tr6's gapped at .028 and it's fine. My exhaust has a popping sound at idle. My tuner said it's just because I'm running a tighter gap on my plugs, beats having spark blowout.

Last edited:

1S1K

Wicked Slow
Established Member
Stick with TR6's gapped at .032. Why are you going down on boost? You should be going up!! :rolling:

wee04svt

Established Member
my motor has 9.5:1 compression and thought maybe it would be a good idea to drop another heat range. pullied the way it was it made 21.3 psi which ive been told by a few people is not the best idea being tuned on 93 octane. Ive had alot of drivability issues with the car since it was tuned with my new motor and whipple setup so im having someone else tune my car next week and figured id like to get it a little more concervative so im bought a -4psi lower pulley. Im hopeing the power numbers are around the same as before, it made 716hp/602ftlbs w/15 degrees of timing. so im hoping now that ill be running less boost ill be able to run more timing and still put up a nice number.

Sick SVT

Established Member
I run the tr7 at .28 with 19psi from a tvs with no issues. You will be fine with the tr6 or tr7

Users who are viewing this thread