Whipple 2.9 boost actator question

xtremekustomz

Established Member
Just finished installing my 2.9 but im left with the 2 lines that used to go to the old boost actuator on the original tvs. What do you do with these? block them off or remove them or what. The actuator on the 2.9 has one line that runs into the bottom of the blower already.

Avispa

Established Member
One of those two remaining lines should connect to a clean air tap just ahead of the throttle body. That line should be connected to the unconnected port on the "close" side boost bypass actuator. Some people leave the "close" port of the actuator open, but I don't recommend it. Every time the actuator diaphragm moves it will suck in dust from the outside air through that open port. Eventually it will rot the actuator diaphragm. The factory line was intended so that only filtered air got into that side of the bypass actuator

Cap the other line. Put a band clamp on the cap if you're going to run 20# plus of boost so it won't pop off. Otherwise, remove it and plug the port where the line originated.

xtremekustomz

Established Member
One of those two remaining lines should connect to a clean air tap just ahead of the throttle body. That line should be connected to the unconnected port on the "close" side boost bypass actuator. Some people leave the "close" port of the actuator open, but I don't recommend it. Every time the actuator diaphragm moves it will suck in dust from the outside air through that open port. Eventually it will rot the actuator diaphragm. The factory line was intended so that only filtered air got into that side of the bypass actuator

Cap the other line. Put a band clamp on the cap if you're going to run 20# plus of boost so it won't pop off. Otherwise, remove it and plug the port where the line originated.

Are you reffering to the 2.3 whipple cause the 2.9 has no line execpt to the bottom of the supercharger off the actuator

xtremekustomz

Established Member
Anyone...there has to be more 2.9 owners.... I have heard you have to delete the boost by pass solinoid too???? The instructions they sent me are horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread