Whipple 3.25/4lb belt size????

Comp04svt

Established Member
Hi,

I'm soon to be installing a 3.25 pulley in place of the 3.50 on my whipple and im having some trouble with the belt I need for it.

I guess the real problem is that I bought the car with basically all this stuff done to it. I know the car has a 3.50 upper, 4lb lower and it does have aftermarket idlers, and im assuming an alternater pulley....I read the current belt number thats on the car as a Gatorback 4080820 (82" belt). I went onto shifter bobs site and going off of the different combos listed, I would therefor have a 3.2" alt pulley, and three peice idlers but I dont know what brand they are, I just know that the upper one with the bracket says Motoblue on it.

SO...does anybody run a 3.25 upper/4lb lower with idlers, and a 3.2" alt pulley? What size belt do I need?

Thanks

Comp04svt

Established Member
Yeah, I need to go out and look because I have no clue....I need to measure them and see, but I guess I could just put the old belt on and see how it fits. And thanks for the help, cause I didnt even know that you could interchange the idlers.

QWKRN U

1 0f 72 Build #159
Established Member
3.25" upper
4# lower
All billet flow Idlers (including new idler bracket)
3.2 alt
Notched tensioner
Lower idler in Middle position.

Gates K080825
83 1/8"
2112mm

Users who are viewing this thread