Whipple 3.4 Owners

VAMPIR3

Established Member
Has anyone with a Whipple 3.4 not upgraded to a Bigger Hood? It says on the website the stock hood can work with modification. What modification is that? Hopefully not cutting a hole in the top..lol
I am looking to get a bigger blower come this July and for the money the Whipple 3.4 seems to be where its at but not after adding money for a new Hood, Paint, Fuel Rails, etc....

Let me know please and if you have pics that would be :rockon:

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Hey good call!

You can notch the hood braces and fit the 3.4 with the stock upper pulley size, or not bother notching the hood and make up some 1/2" K-member spacers. Cost is around $40 with new hardware and it only takes about an hour to make them.

Car doesn't handle any differently (Unless maybe you're a professional driver of some sort....) and I've had mine in place for over 4000 miles now without a problem.

Feel free to PM me with any questions about getting the blower setup right. They've proven to make some serious power.

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Is there an upper pulley you can run and not have to use spacers or modify the hood?

Unfortunately no. The hood needs to be modified to clear the actual compressor housing. The pulley comes into play if it's larger than 3.5" and that is a problem only K-member spacers or a cowl hood will cure.

1/2" spacers are so easy it's not worth a second thought.

Users who are viewing this thread