Whipple and BBK 65mm TB?

Comp04svt

Established Member
I currently have a 2.3 whipple that has a stock TB on it, and plenum for the stock TB of course...I've done some searching, and determined that I would rather keep the stock style TB on it for the driveability and what not. I saw Lethal has a BBK 65mm TB on their site, and I couldnt find anything about it on here at all.

I'm looking for some reviews from people that have the BBK, or even the ported stocker on their whipple for some comparison and some numbers on what you gained.

03Gunner

Established Member
I currently have a 2.3 whipple that has a stock TB on it, and plenum for the stock TB of course...I've done some searching, and determined that I would rather keep the stock style TB on it for the driveability and what not. I saw Lethal has a BBK 65mm TB on their site, and I couldnt find anything about it on here at all.

I'm looking for some reviews from people that have the BBK, or even the ported stocker on their whipple for some comparison and some numbers on what you gained.

Just from my experience I wouldn't get the BBK 65mm, I bought one and I could never get my car to idle right, no matter what I did I worked on it for days and researched extensively. If you are considering a after market throttle body I would suggest the Accufab. Just my 2 cents.

02reaper

Established Member
I have the 62mm bbk on my whipple. I really like it and have had no problems with it, or the idle. The stock holes on the inlet of the whipple are only 60mm though, so you will have to port them out a bit to get the full benefit of the larger throttle body.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Just from my experience I wouldn't get the BBK 65mm, I bought one and I could never get my car to idle right, no matter what I did I worked on it for days and researched extensively. If you are considering a after market throttle body I would suggest the Accufab. Just my 2 cents.

Ditto...same problem here and same result too. I ditched the BBK and installed a Accufab... :beer:

orange_whiner

Pro-class stoplight racer
Established Member
There has been idle issues with ALL aftermarket throttlebodies, they are hit or miss. BUT they all can be fixed. I ran into an idle issue when I ported and polished my stock TB. It was an easy fix when I found the info I needed. Also when you port your stock TB or Steg. does, you can't port the area where the blades are when closed or else the car will never idle right.

Comp04svt

Established Member
Thats some good info. I was just throwing around the idea of going with a aftermarket TB, porting stock, or a single blade setup....I need to find out what whipple wants for the single blade plenum though:shrug:

:thumbsup: for another comp orange though!

Users who are viewing this thread