Whipple and Kenne Bell owners....

Adroitmustang

Established Member
How many people here have whipples and how many have kenne bells?
What kind of characteristic differences do you all see between the two?

Hp and Tq numbers?

Ive had my kenne bell on since 15,000 and love it, but wondered if the whipple has any advantages....

thanks

GodStang

Established Member
Welcome to the boards. Holy Cow 24psi??? What is your setup? Built bottom end? I have never been in any type of Cobra but a Kenne Bell so I am not sure what the differences between the two are as far as gains. Some people on here swear by the Whipple some swear by the KB.

GodStang

Established Member
Sonic03inSC said:
I'm a Whipple owner but don't have the blower yet, if your keeping count. If not this is my worthless post of the day.

Ya but you are both Sonic Blue and from South Carolina so you are allowed to.

Adroitmustang

Established Member
GodStang said:
Welcome to the boards. Holy Cow 24psi??? What is your setup? Built bottom end? I have never been in any type of Cobra but a Kenne Bell so I am not sure what the differences between the two are as far as gains. Some people on here swear by the Whipple some swear by the KB.

Haha...
Nope all stock bottom (and top end for that matter).
Headers, "test pipe" x pipe, borla catback (not stinger), Accufab TB, Kennebell intake, SCT chip and Mass air, Metco 9inch lower, 2 3/4 upper, Gords HE with fans, 55lb inj, boost-a-pump, NGK plugs,

MTI LS1

GodStang said:
Dang I am running a Billet bottom end and I am scared to run more than 17psi.

LOL, why did you spend all that money then? Not puting it to good use. 17# would have been good to go on the stock motor.

GodStang

Established Member
BigZach said:
LOL, why did you spend all that money then? Not puting it to good use. 17# would have been good to go on the stock motor.

HAHAHA no not really. I know about 30 guys running 15-17psi that all blew there stock bottom end.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
GodStang said:
HAHAHA no not really. I know about 30 guys running 15-17psi that all blew there stock bottom end.

There are probably a couple hundred that messed their stuff of on stock boost as well. You spent money on a built engine, use it. If everything is billet, crank it up.

GodStang

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
There are probably a couple hundred that messed their stuff of on stock boost as well. You spent money on a built engine, use it. If everything is billet, crank it up.

Thats the key. At 2000 rpms I am way over 500 ft/tq. I still have the stock rear with 4.10s (Only thing the same as when I bought it). So till I decide to invest in Stage 5s or go solid I can not crank it up. Plus I am making PLENTY of power. Not so say I can not use more.

Adroitmustang

Established Member
It really comes down to the tuning in my opinion. If you dont have your values right, you can kiss your block goodbye. If youve done your homework and have your "stuff" together then you can do amazing things.

Ps Keep in mind im obviously running 100oct on the 24lb set up.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
My bud Mark is making nearly 800HP with his Hellion Turbo car and has run 10.01 @ 141MPH with it. Before that, he has sprayed 100's of times on top of a Whipple and Eaton and the engine has NEVER skipped a beat. He always runs good gas....that's the key. You want to run more than 17lbs of boost full time, make sure you have 100+ octane in the tank for a long and happy life.

Doc

Established Member
badcobra said:
My bud Mark is making nearly 800HP with his Hellion Turbo car and has run 10.01 @ 141MPH with it. Before that, he has sprayed 100's of times on top of a Whipple and Eaton and the engine has NEVER skipped a beat. He always runs good gas....that's the key. You want to run more than 17lbs of boost full time, make sure you have 100+ octane in the tank for a long and happy life.

Amen!!

Godstang give me that motor man lol. :-D Get a solid in there or build up the irs and setup up a race tune with 24lbs on it.

TEABG

Banned
Sonic03inSC said:
I'm a Whipple owner but don't have the blower yet, if your keeping count. If not this is my worthless post of the day.

Have a Whipple new in the box also, I will let you know after the install. Opening the box that the Whipple came in was just as good as getting the keys to the Cobra. Whipple is sexy and the new Whipple design will woop on the KB PSI-PSI !!!

Doc

Established Member
Adroitmustang said:
How many people here have whipples and how many have kenne bells?
What kind of characteristic differences do you all see between the two?

Hp and Tq numbers?

Ive had my kenne bell on since 15,000 and love it, but wondered if the whipple has any advantages....

thanks

Forgot to answer your question lol. I just switched from a 2.2 kb to the new whipple. The advantages on the new whipple is cooler air charges for one. I do think it makes a bit more power personally. This topic however has been discussed more then a few times and it really does boil down to personal preference.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Even if the power levels are close, the Whipple 140ax makes a whole lot more torque.

GodStang

Established Member
badcobra said:

I agree 100% about that. I was going to run 100 octane but the closes place that sales it to me is about 45 mins away and I wanted a DD. Now as far as the Turbo, correct me if I am wrong, but a Positive displacement blower is alot harder on an engine then a turbo.

Also I get the question a million times a day why have an enigne like that and not full boost it. I am sure I will get to higher boost soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread