Whipple Cobra vs GTR and CBR

Jmurrz

Established Member
Hey guys, yesterday was the first really nice day we have had here in Mexico and the first day I have had the Cobra out after the retune so I decided to go on a cruise with some friends.

Race 1: CBR 600RR With Exhaust

As we were just driving around enjoying the day I found myself next to my friend on his CBR on a straight flat road with absolutely no one on the road. I hear the downshift and knew he wanted to mess around. We slowed down to a 40 roll and nailed it. It was honestly the closest race I have ever had in my life. Every shift I made he gained a fender, but I made it up as soon as I was in gear, it was a constant battle with neither of us gaining or losing more than half a car. I think I was edging him out as we got higher in speed but I didn't want to push my luck too far and shut it down by 145ish. We both we very happy with the outcome!

Race 2: 2012 Stock GTR Black Edition

At this point in the day we had a nice little cruise going after we got something to eat, and I knew my friend with his newly acquired GTR wanted to race. I really was not looking forward to a dig race expecting him to walk me, but of course we hit a light in the middle of no where with no one on the roads (that is the only time I will consider racing) and I knew it was time. We had always had a rivalry with our cars so it was an important race. We line up and wait for the light to turn green. As soon as it did I got out of the hole blisteringly fast (I surprised myself at how quick I got out of the hole) and left him about 2 cars back, as we went through the gears it lengthened to probably 3 lengths before shutting it down.

Just to see what would happen from a roll, we found a secluded highway and dropped down to 40mph. We honked it off and got a clean start. Every time I shifted he Gained a little more than half a car and I pulled back a fender or so through every gear. We left off at him leading by a car or so at around 150.

Overall we had a great day, and pictures of the photo shoot we took when we got back here to NJ will show up in Pics and Vid's section whenever the photographer decides he has edited them to perfection.

I am making about 580RWHP SAE.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Sounds about right. Wait... A legit kill story on SVTPerformance?! :bs:

Good races OP!

Jmurrz

Established Member
He's running a 2.3 and he says the GTR was stock. Sounds like that damn DCT got you OP. I'm a little surprised since you have a weight and rwhp advantage on him.

I am at about 18lbs currently. I really thought I was going to pull him up top because of my weight and power advantage too. Had I shifted faster It would have been very different, however I am still a little afraid of slamming gears in it. We are doing another run sometime next month on the track. I will let you guys know how it goes!

Just_A_GT

Established Member
OP, I want to applaud you, not just on the kill, but on having the ability to write a well thought out and easy to understand story.

Jmurrz

Established Member
OP, I want to applaud you, not just on the kill, but on having the ability to write a well thought out and easy to understand story.

Thank you! I have always tried to succeed in writing well and speaking with clarity. I think it is an important aspect to being successful, landing jobs, and making contacts. My mom is a speech pathologist so it was drilled at a young age :coolman:

As far as the kills go, I also take pride in beating imports!

Blackoyote

Established Member
Thank you! I have always tried to succeed in writing well and speaking with clarity. I think it is an important aspect to being successful, landing jobs, and making contacts. My mom is a speech pathologist so it was drilled at a young age :coolman:

As far as the kills go, I also take pride in beating imports!

Good kills...I've been waiting to roll against a stock 600 and stock GTR in my Cobra.

As far as the proper grammar, structure, and clarity of the story...I also want thank you. There aren't enough people that understand the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your Uncle jack off a horse :).

kaz109

Established Member
Good kills...I've been waiting to roll against a stock 600 and stock GTR in my Cobra.

As far as the proper grammar, structure, and clarity of the story...I also want thank you. There aren't enough people that understand the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your Uncle jack off a horse :).

lol...I see what you did there

Kiohtee

Established Member
I wonder until what gear the CBR went down to. I am hoping 1st gear

It's nearly pointless to dig race/first gear roll race a SWB 600cc or bigger sport bike. Forget it if it has the oh so common -1/+2 setup.

I wish I would've known this about a month ago. I'm always looking for a little fun and had a bone stock 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6S. :kaboom:

Wanna run a 'Busa for laughs? :burnout:

Blackoyote

Established Member
It's nearly pointless to dig race/first gear roll race a SWB 600cc or bigger sport bike. Forget it if it has the oh so common -1/+2 setup.
I wish I would've known this about a month ago. I'm always looking for a little fun and had a bone stock 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6S. :kaboom:
Wanna run a 'Busa for laughs? :burnout:

Lol, I'm good on a run against a Busa. Bring that big bitch down to CMP on 5/18 though!

(PS - I have no problem keeping my 600 front end down from a roll in 1st, and I'm geared...I am 220 with gear on though).

Kiohtee

Established Member
Lol, I'm good on a run against a Busa. Bring that big bitch down to CMP on 5/18 though!

(PS - I have no problem keeping my 600 front end down from a roll in 1st, and I'm geared...I am 220 with gear on though).

You're no fun! :p

But on a serious note, how? My stock R6S easily brought the front up, and I'm probably tipping 300lbs geared. Now for whatever reason, my '09 R6 wouldn't power wheelie at all, but it could clutch wheelie first and second (and maybe third, I don't know). But yeah, my R6S would bring it up on power alone in first, and a WOT shift into second would keep it there and then some. :shrug:

Maybe I was sitting all the way back? :lol:

rbrand9935

Established Member
You beating a GT-R by 2 car lengths! and then you woke up. Those cars are a snap to set up with Launch Control. (Rev's to 6K and BAMMMM!! -0-60 in 2.7 seconds!! I get the CBR 600 and GT-R from a roll as I mashed a 600 but went neck and neck with a modified GT-R to about 150 MPH. I wont waste my time Racing a GT-R or any high HP car w/All wheel drive but once you're rollin!!
look out.

OOOHHH Was wondering what tires you are running out back. I use 315-35-R17 Nitto NT05R Drag Radials.
Good 2/3rds of a Kill!!

Jmurrz

Established Member
You beating a GT-R by 2 car lengths! and then you woke up. Those cars are a snap to set up with Launch Control. (Rev's to 6K and BAMMMM!! -0-60 in 2.7 seconds!! I get the CBR 600 and GT-R from a roll as I mashed a 600 but went neck and neck with a modified GT-R to about 150 MPH. I wont waste my time Racing a GT-R or any high HP car w/All wheel drive but once you're rollin!!
look out.

OOOHHH Was wondering what tires you are running out back. I use 315-35-R17 Nitto NT05R Drag Radials.
Good 2/3rds of a Kill!!

Sorry, I meant Racing the GT-R from a dead stop.

Not quite sure how to respond to this because I cant really decipher what you are trying to say. I did beat him from a dig, I was awake. No dreaming going on here... I also had a better 60' than he did when we went to the track last Friday.

I am running 335 Nt555R's out back.

Hope that satisfies your questions/doubts...

Users who are viewing this thread