Whipple Cobra vs new M3

MG0h3

Established Member
not sure what year the car was, but I guess it was 14 or newer because I heard his BOV when he was revving in traffic.

Kid must have been antsy or something. We ended up on a freeway frontage with no cars anywhere near us. He was up ahead of me so I flashed him and he slowed a little but I still had it in 3rd at @3k to get up next to him. Soon as our fenders lined up he hit it. I just stabbed it and immediately started pulling. Shut it down at like 5500 with a few cars on him.

thought he woulda done better but oh well. Beautiful car.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I don't question the win, but he had the hit and you still beat him by 3 cars after only 2500rpm?

MG0h3

Established Member
Ya I don't know man...I mean I was in a poor spot to run. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the wrong gear too considering it was literally perfect for a run and we had time to get setup--kinda rookie behavior. Hell I did the same thing my first time.

When I flashed him he moved over a lane and put his window down. I was going to motion for him to slow down so I could do a 2nd gear pull and I ended up doing the whole pull with my left arm out the window. It mighta been more than 5500 but I know my shift light never came on.

MG0h3

Established Member
I think the wash job/quick detail and a light wheel polish helped me beat him

image_zps8gyhwrvr.jpg

xenodragon

Established Member
That's pretty impressive because here is a tuned M4 vs GTR.

[video=youtube;fR7wbDQ9b80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR7wbDQ9b80[/video]

Here is a tuned m4 vs tuned gtr

[video=youtube;WIIl3M_2pxA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIIl3M_2pxA[/video]

GTR is pretty much my benchmark for everything at this point. Also I would be surprised if you could here the BOV in the ///M. I can barely hear anything on mine.

Nice kill!

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
I was slow rolling to a stop light and had my windows down otherwise I wouldn't have heard the BOV.

MG0h3

Established Member
Ive heard people say they are pretty tame at the 15psi/stock pulley set up that Im on but I dont have anything to compare it to. I had never been around a Terminator until I bought this one.

Its going on blocks tomorrow for long tubes, E85/return, and a 3" uppper tomorrow. Should be around 21psi when Im done. Hoping for a week long turnaround.

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
Nice kill, man! I'm still waiting to come across one before I sell my car. I know I'll take an "L" but it'll still be fun to hear it/watch it go.

jhonda

Established Member
That's pretty impressive because here is a tuned M4 vs GTR.

Here is a tuned m4 vs tuned gtr

GTR is pretty much my benchmark for everything at this point. Also I would be surprised if you could here the BOV in the ///M. I can barely hear anything on mine.

Nice kill!

Fast cars no doubt
There is a big difference on tuned m4 or any turbo factory car. Example in link

http://www.burgertuning.com/M3_M4_S55_JB4_BMW_performance_tuner.html
Not promoting them just the first example that came up.

Users who are viewing this thread