Whipple in 07 cobra????

SVT-03

Established Member
was on the whipple site tonight and came across this info?

"Same supercharger as the new Ford GT, 07’ Cobra, 08' Lightning & Harley Davidson Truck, Mercury Marine 600SCI and 1075HP EFI "

You guys probably seen this already 1000 times, but do you think they will just use the same 03 engine with the whipple to get the new cobra to the 450 hp mark. I've been reading that they might want to use the 5.4L with the Eaton at 465 hp???

rezcobra

Established Member
Current issue of Motor Trend says the next Shelby Mustang (Shelby Cobra) will have an engine similar to the Ford GT's engine and will be putting out 550 hp. It say also that there will be an all aluminum V10!!!!

xason

10 seconds isn't cheap
Established Member
there goes $45k+ for the price right there with that alone.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
the one I see says '06 Cobra and Lightning. That is an old statement that was out about a year ago. Did you find one that said '07 Cobra and '08 L?

SVT-03

Established Member
whipple in 07 svt

yeah, I saw it under the link that reads:

Ford 1999-2004 5.4L/2 Valve Lightning Kit - Now taking orders!

the one that says 06 cobra is under the cobra whipple kit.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Oh, now I see it near the bottom. I think that is new news. I had not seen it before anyway. Very interesting.

CGoeschel

Established Member
My guess is that its going to be a 3V 5.4 with a whipple screw blower. Around 475 hp.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I like your guess and I would agree with it. Aside from the Cobra Rs the engine has always been the same size as the Mustang GTs. I hope they change that this year. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as it puts down the power. I just think it should be something a little different to set it apart a little more. Hopefully, we will know soon.

badboycali_559

Established Member
whipple is local here in fresno, i went down there so see if they could tune my car but they said they don't work on ford mustangs, that was in 2002. nice ppl though.

venams03

Established Member
One off note for the new '07 Cobra. We probably won't be able to place large diameter rims on the rear of the vehicle due to space limitations. I emailed Colorado Custom to inquire about a set of rims I saw on a SEMA modified Mustang GT. They told me that they had to cut the rearend to make the 10 inch wide rims fit under the GT. Stock GT or Cobra for that matter with the same rearend stock will only allow and 8 or 9 inch rim at maximum... DAMNNNN!! I really was looking forward to slapping a nice custom set of meats on the new Cobra (or whatever it will be called).

R1Lello

Established Member
:cryying:
venams03 said:
One off note for the new '07 Cobra. We probably won't be able to place large diameter rims on the rear of the vehicle due to space limitations. I emailed Colorado Custom to inquire about a set of rims I saw on a SEMA modified Mustang GT. They told me that they had to cut the rearend to make the 10 inch wide rims fit under the GT. Stock GT or Cobra for that matter with the same rearend stock will only allow and 8 or 9 inch rim at maximum... DAMNNNN!! I really was looking forward to slapping a nice custom set of meats on the new Cobra (or whatever it will be called).

Thankyou!! I too posted the same info in the last few weeks on several posts..........what a mistake Ford made. With some trimming, 8 or 9 inch rim only and 275/285 tops and that's pushing it. Sad really..........gonna big hard to hook this car up on the street as the power climbs without fabrication (on a new car??) No thanks

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
relocate the shox closer together on the axle and mount up a 10 inch wide wheel. or just get a whole new full on drag race rear end built for the car and tub it. mod the crap out of the engine and you will be in the 9's.

rezcobra

Established Member
R1Lello said:
:cryying:

Thankyou!! I too posted the same info in the last few weeks on several posts..........what a mistake Ford made. With some trimming, 8 or 9 inch rim only and 275/285 tops and that's pushing it. Sad really..........gonna big hard to hook this car up on the street as the power climbs without fabrication (on a new car??) No thanks

But it has also been rumored that the new Cobra might come with flared fenders like on the GTR or whatever they called that yellow and carbon fiber Mustang Ford made back in summer of 04.

R1Lello

Established Member
FastFreddySlone said:
relocate the shox closer together on the axle and mount up a 10 inch wide wheel. or just get a whole new full on drag race rear end built for the car and tub it. mod the crap out of the engine and you will be in the 9's.

:dw: I had a good look, shock mounts alone won't do it. More work and $$ than that.

R1Lello

Established Member
rezcobra said:
But it has also been rumored that the new Cobra might come with flared fenders like on the GTR or whatever they called that yellow and carbon fiber Mustang Ford made back in summer of 04.

:(

This is my opinion, I don't like flares on a car. To me, that's a coverup for poor design. Trucks different but not on a so-called performance car.

Users who are viewing this thread