Whipple-ize or Max out an '05 ? Help?

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
OK, since I don't have many other folks to talk to about this, I thought I'd throw this out to folks & get your thoughts.

Two possibilities:

1. Take advantage of the GP by Amazon, get the Whipple and knock my rocking 03 to 550+, woo hoo, and enjoy the ride until someday I feel like moving to the 07 Cobra.

2. Get the 05 stang GT and max it out using the latest & greatest forced induction that come out. Make an eleanor or shelby look & max the power & suspension and have the new fresh / muscle car look. (I love these photoshops people have around) And the "race" car one that Ford has shown is killin me.

What ya think? I keep waffling around, I think I should go whipple & wait. But I know I'll starting seeing those 05's on the street in the spring & the aftermarket guys with dress ups that'll be killer, they'll get me lusting.

:rockon:

1FastFord

Established Member
I would get the whipple. The new 05's while nice are not really meant for a lot of boost. The compression is high (10.1 or more) and the engine is not forged.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by 1FastFord
The new 05's while nice are not really meant for a lot of boost. The compression is high (10.1 or more) and the engine is not forged.

I agree about the 05s.

You're trying to compare apples to paper clips.

nuxx

Established Member
God the 05s are ugly... too much retro can be a bad thing... don't even get me started on the gauges. Might be cool if I was 53 and not 23 >:-0

Well this will be my last Mustang for a long time (probably for good)...

Next Gen M3 or C6 Z06 next... or if I can't wait 1 1/2 - 2 years for those... B7 S4 :)

-Peter

Last edited:

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Ya see, this is why I'm here. Dayum I like the way your folks think! LOL

OK, how about this.

Keep the 03, perform Amazon Whipple-ization, yea baby.

Over the next year keep my eye out for a nice little '69 to tinker with for giggles.

Worry about the "next cobra" in 2007. My God when I say that last sentence out loud it sounds like it's forever away .. ..

Users who are viewing this thread