Whipple/Kenne Bell- ET/mph/rwhp

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Guys,
It's been really hard to dig up ETs and MPH for terminators running twin screws, and I'm pretty interested in trying to find the outer reaches of where the 4.6 4v can be taken. Good place to start to find where the 5.4 4v can be taken. ;-)

What I'd like to do for my own reasons (I'm trying to get an idea of what it takes to get to hp X with these mod motors running a supercharger, and how fast they really are), and to maybe give future searchers an easier place to find numbers, is assemble a db of 03/04 twin screw rwhp/rwtq/ET/mph. If you don't want to put it out there, just PM me and I'll add it to the pile of info.

Anyone...Bueller...

:burnout:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just a suggestion for gathering info. There are quite a few here running twin screws. I might try browsing a bit and looking at the signatures for Whipple/KB folks, and then PMing or emailing them for the info you're looking for. I know that some of the signatures also contain track info. You don't even necessarily have to record who the info belongs to. That should make gathering the info a bit easier vs. having to get permission to use it. Just a though.

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
DBK said:
Guys,
It's been really hard to dig up ETs and MPH for terminators running twin screws, and I'm pretty interested in trying to find the outer reaches of where the 4.6 4v can be taken. Good place to start to find where the 5.4 4v can be taken. ;-)

What I'd like to do for my own reasons (I'm trying to get an idea of what it takes to get to hp X with these mod motors running a supercharger, and how fast they really are), and to maybe give future searchers an easier place to find numbers, is assemble a db of 03/04 twin screw rwhp/rwtq/ET/mph. If you don't want to put it out there, just PM me and I'll add it to the pile of info.

I'll make ya a deal... I'll tell you all about my car if you'll take me for a ride in the GT ;-) Hell... I might even let you drive it too. Too bad I don't live closer :poke:

At any rate...

03 10th Anniversary Convertible
All the bolt-on's plus full weight car (a heavy pig IOW)
2.3L Whipple Supercharger @ 17 psi (3.20 upper/2 lb lower)
613 rwhp/577 rwtq with a less than stellar A/F ratio (mid to low 10's)

Last time at the track I ran:

7.03 @ 101.6 mph with a 1.574 60 foot time (local 1/8th mile track)

This was on a 275/40 R17 Mickey Thompson ET Street radial, stock clutch with the spare and jack removed (only weight saving mods done ;-))

That would translate to a 11.0X to a 10.9X at around 128 or so in the 1/4... maybe a bit more.

It does pretty good for what it is... needs a new clutch and a tune desperately. Wouldn't hurt for a set of slicks on it over the DR's.

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Shannon

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Thanks Fourced.

Even digging through the sigs I can find it's hard to find many track times to go along with the dyno numbers...

:beer:

p.s the GT is FoMoCo's, not mine. :cryying:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread