Whipple Monoblade Issue

svt1111

Established Member
The Monoblade TB on my car sits very close to the brake fluid resevoir ( car has a 2.9 so everything is tighter than a stock blower setup).

Anyway, the electric motor on the TB actually is beginning to melt the plastic brake fluid resevoir now I noticed. Is this a common problem and other than taking the TB off what can be done?

I'll try and get some pics up later. Just wanted to know if this happened to anyone else and how they got around it.

svt1111

Established Member
:dunno

maybe find some heat shielding to wrap around it?

I would like to but it is physically touching the resevoir! I knew the motor would torque to the right and not crush down on it so when I installed it I didn't really regard it much more than that. But now I noticed that little motor that turns the butterflies is HOT and is melting the resevoir!

Going fast is cool and all, but I don't want to do it without brakes!

markuswe

Established Member
The Monoblade TB on my car sits very close to the brake fluid resevoir ( car has a 2.9 so everything is tighter than a stock blower setup).

Anyway, the electric motor on the TB actually is beginning to melt the plastic brake fluid resevoir now I noticed. Is this a common problem and other than taking the TB off what can be done?

I'll try and get some pics up later. Just wanted to know if this happened to anyone else and how they got around it.

I got the same problem - no solution by now ....

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Do you guys have stiffer motor mounts or the CHE torque limiting trans brace?

svt1111

Established Member
Do you guys have stiffer motor mounts or the CHE torque limiting trans brace?

No, mine are all stock.

The 2.9 blower and plenum cause the electric motor on the TB to ride on the top corner of the resevoir, which in turn is making it melt where its making contact.

This won't be an issue with a stock blower, since the plenum isn't as large. With my L&M, it was CLOSE, but it didn't touch. I like the Monoblade, but I can't have it melting my brake fluid resevoir either.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I remember having to move the dipstick, but didnt notice it touching the resevoir

oh and i have the L&M & 2.9

Kostas

Established Member
Upgrade your motor mounts. I had mine done when headers were installed....

cobra1718

Established Member
might be a dumb idea but can you glue a piece of thin metal/ stainless steel between the TB and brake res.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Upgrade your motor mounts. I had mine done when headers were installed....

Doesn't sound like this is an option that will help. If I'm not mistaken he is saying his t/b's electric motor is sitting atop/touching the brake fluid reservoir at an off/idle position. The stiffer or solid mounts would only hinder the engine to torque away from the reservoir.

mullens

Established Member
might be a dumb idea but can you glue a piece of thin metal/ stainless steel between the TB and brake res.
Not dumb. I'd find a way to insulate the motor and that's an option. Or maybe a squirt of high-temp RTV on the resevoir?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Doesn't sound like this is an option that will help. If I'm not mistaken he is saying his t/b's electric motor is sitting atop/touching the brake fluid reservoir at an off/idle position. The stiffer or solid mounts would only hinder the engine to torque away from the reservoir.

Unless the motor mounts have shifted slightly.

Kostas

Established Member

The stock motor mounts are too soft, and i was thinking maybe that is a reason the TB is touching the brake reservoir. Im sure if it touches while siting/idling, it would be much worse while driving around, because besides the heat, you would also have rubing...

Users who are viewing this thread