Whipple + Nitrous

02StanGT

Established Member
For you guys with both Whipples and N20, how are you running your nitrous lines? I believe you can't run the nitrous through the blower due to the teflon coating on the rotors of the whipple. Also, how big of a shot are you guys using and with what fuel? (93 octane?, race gas? what octane?)

strtrenegade

WHAT TURBO (s) ?????????
Established Member
Back in the day my 2.3 and a 125 shot made 770 and 880 and I never had a problem. I had a jdm return less fuel system w/focus pumps and a bap. Picked fuel up on the rail. I probally wouldn't do that again if I was to do it all over , but it was fine. I did run a steady diet of 110. When I took the blower off it looked brand new not a scratch.

02StanGT

Established Member
Back in the day my 2.3 and a 125 shot made 770 and 880 and I never had a problem. I had a jdm return less fuel system w/focus pumps and a bap. Picked fuel up on the rail. I probally wouldn't do that again if I was to do it all over , but it was fine. I did run a steady diet of 110. When I took the blower off it looked brand new not a scratch.

So you had your jet installed on the intake? Post or pre MAF? Wet or dry shot? I should have been more specific in my original post, sorry!

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
For you guys with both Whipples and N20, how are you running your nitrous lines? I believe you can't run the nitrous through the blower due to the teflon coating on the rotors of the whipple. Also, how big of a shot are you guys using and with what fuel? (93 octane?, race gas? what octane?)

man...im getting ready t o do a whipple....i cant wait ..but N20 also? geeeeeeeeezus.

i may do that too:rolling:

SSKillerF150

Connoisseur of fine whine
Established Member
A wet shot could damage some coatings on rotors. I don't know if the Whipple's rotors are coated or not. I have always wondered what the effects of a compressor are on a vapor such as nitrous/gasoline mix. Anyone know? Whould running a dry shot post-blower be less harmful to the compressor?

Last edited:

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
the coating comes off regardless of you spraying it. i recommend a dry shot post maf but a wet shot is becoming the norm. if i do wet, i would put a fuel cell in the trunk and pull fuel from there for my fuel solenoid.

im a strong believer in post maf setup but some would argue that. as long as you get your sh!t tuned its all good.

Good luck and be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread