Whipple Numbers..

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
I posted this in the cobra fourms, but I fiured I'd post it here too...

First, let me just say thanks to Rick, Linn, Derek and Russ for all of their help!!! :beer:

Now, onto the good stuff... :burnout:

Well guys, it's in.. And let me tell you.. It's no joke.. The only way to describe it is Ridiculous!!!! :rockon:

Let me set the scene for you.. I call Rick at 2:30 and he says he's ready to start to write the tune for my car. I get to the shop at 3:30 and he's just finishin up, making sure it's all gonna be right.. He decided to make sure it was gonna be real rich for the first pull so we could make sure everything would be safe..

Here is everything that was done at Amazon over the last week:
Focus Pumps
Amazon CAI
SCTMAF
Amazon Ported Throttle Body
60lb injectors
3.0 Pulley
Custom Tune written by Rick @ Amazon Racing

Oh, yeah, and a 2.3L whipple Charger... :beer:

Here are the results for ya:

First Pull, which was pretty much the first time the car had a tune in it.. Hell, it was one of the first times we had the car on.. And it was purrin like a kitten!!

A/F:10.8
Power: 543.5@6000
Torque: 508@4500
And that was PIG RICH!! So Rick starts messin with the tune and a few mins later, he says he's ready for a second pull...

A/F: 11.3
Power: 580.5@6500
Torque: 534.6@4500
And that's where we stopped... Two pulls and it was right were I wanted it. I know that's still rich, but it's winter, and I'm seein like 19lbs of boost, so it was decided that we should leave it like that... I know most of you are gonna say we could have gotten more power out of it, but look at it like this.. I was at 407.3/414.8 and I went up to 580.5/534.6. That's a gain of like 173HP :rockon: :rockon:

Come summer, when it's warmer out and such, we can get up to that 11.7/11.8 A/F and see what power we make, but right now, I'm with a bone stock rear, and I'm not gettin any kind of traction, so we'll get up there later on..

Needless to say, I'm happy as a clam :pepper: :pepper: There isn't too much else that could have been done today that could have kept a smile off my face.. Now, it's time to start on suspension work..

I'll post a graph later on.. gotta hook my scanner back up..

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
WoooooHooooooo...Congrats Jay!! I'm really happy for you, wish I could have been at the shop today, looks like the focus pumps and 60's are doing the job. Enjoy all that new HP... :rockon: :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread