Whipple or Kenne Bell??????????

Which supercharger is truely the best one to buy?

• Total voters

Potentn2o

Established Member
03BADSTANG said:
This is what I made with a RWTD tune on my 2.4 and a 3.5" pulley. These are not my final numbers with the 3.5" pulley either, as I would guess I was closer to 580rwhp/500rwtq with my final tune for this combo. I am getting dyno tuned with a 3.2" pulley here very shortly, and hope to put down some nice numbers, and might even go with a 3" pulley :uh oh: The thing that I am most curious about is how my torque numbers are going to respond.
kennebell1.jpg

Thanks for posting your graph. The reason I had guestions was because I had nothing to campare mine to. It's looks like our HP and TQ. curves are pretty much identical. Just the peak numbers are a little different.

In fact, when I saw your graph I thought I was looking at mine. It's amazing how close they are.

On the 3.5" pulley, I made 16 pounds, 541 HP and 454 Tq. SAE correction.
On the 3.25" pulley, I made 18 pounds, 568 HP and 496 Tq. SAE correction.

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
What' up with your Dyno Graph ? It looks like a roller coaster. Up and downs all over the place.

TEABG

Banned
Shit I accidentally voted for KB, so - (1) for one of the KB votes. Whipple !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEABG

Banned
mike69440 said:
Looks a lot like my power curve with a Whipple and 2 LB lower and 3.5 upper.

I now run a 4 LB old style lower (8.5" dia.) and that is good enough for me.

I have not dynoed this combo. The shape of the power curve is what is sweet. Guys with just as fast Eaton's do not appreciate the feeling of fast with less strain.

Next week the car goes back on road after winter hibernation!

What' up with your Dyno Graph ? It looks like a roller coaster. Up and downs all over the place.

Potentn2o

Established Member
What are you refering to? They don't get much smoother than that. If you look at the top right corner of his graph, you will see that the "smoothing" is set at "0" If you were to set that to a higher number, you will see the line smooth out a bit. All in all I think it's a pretty nice graph.

TEABG

Banned
Potentn2o said:
What are you refering to? They don't get much smoother than that. If you look at the top right corner of his graph, you will see that the "smoothing" is set at "0" If you were to set that to a higher number, you will see the line smooth out a bit. All in all I think it's a pretty nice graph.

Go look at my graph in the Terminator Talk .

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267096

Last edited:

TEABG

Banned
Potentn2o said:

Looks like Spark Plug sputter or something..

03BADSTANG

Established Member
Potentn2o said:

Exactly. Your graph(Teabag) is set to a smoothing of 5, while mine is set to a smoothing of 0. That explains the "jagged" appearance of my graph in comparison to yours.

-Mike

stangfreak

Established Member
MyLil'Pony said:
Does anyone know if the new Kenne Bells are still blowing oil, or have they fixed that problem(that they never had :eek: )?

thats been solved ages ago lol.

dude whats up with the body kit?? :poke:

MyLil'Pony

Stangoholic
Established Member
lol, the body kit came with the car when I bought it(used ). i doesn't look too bad in person... least I don't think so anyway :p

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Svt03Cobra said:
I know this topic has been up before but I need some opinions on which supercharger is truely the best. I'm about to buy one of them and need some idea's.

Thanks, SVT03Cobra
The flavor of the month is..... Whipple

03BADSTANG

Established Member
FYI, here is my latest experience with the KB;

I went down to Performance Dyno in Concord, NH yesterday to get a dyno tune with my buddy(Dan Saprano). We both came out of it with some impressive gains.

My main concern coming into this year was taking care of my shifting woes, my boost drop off between shifts, as well as getting some better torque #'s. Switching to an MGW shifter, a Fiore' quadrant and adjuster, and Royal Purple tranny fluid has made a night and day difference in shifting the car!! If you are having trouble shifting at WOT, at the very least, get a quadrant and a firewall adjuster, it will make a difference!

The next thing was to gain some power vs. last year when I had the 3.5" pulley on my KB 2.4. As you can see, I really needed to spin it faster. The first graph is last year with the 3.5" pulley, and the second graph is Dan Saprano and I yesterday. He is running a 3" pulley on a KB 2.2, and I am also running a 3" pulley on my KB 2.4. He saw 18psi on the top end of his run, and I saw 20 psi on the top of my run.

This is the promising part for me. These are numbers that the car generated after driving 3 hours to NH, and then getting directly on the dyno and pulling 6 consecutive runs, the last one producing the best numbers. The only thing cooling the car down was a fan, and jumping the relay to cycle the intercooler system for a few minutes between runs. Pete at Performance-Dyno said that with a proper cool down time I would have broke 600rwhp easy

Here are my mods;

KB 2.4
3" RR Pulley
Accufab Single Bore T/B
K&N FIPK
JLT RAI
KB BAP
MJ's MAF Xtender
Magnaflow O/R X-Pipe
Magnaflow C/B
Xcal2 custom tune by Performance-Dyno
20* Timinng
22521-new-dyno-numbers-kennebell1mikeshawsmall.jpg

22522-new-dyno-numbers-mikedandyno1mesmall.jpg

Kenne Bell 2.4 Powered 10th Anniversary Cobra
591RWHP, 540RWTQ
Tuned at Performance-Dyno

Last edited:

CompOCobra

Established Member
Kb 2.4 Power/tq Numbers

I have a KB 2.4 so far no oil problems. My numbers are with the 3" pulley on a MustangDyno 577hp/545tq.

Does anyone know when exactly KB began selling the units that fixed the oil problem?? I purchased mine this last summer 05' and was wondering if I purchased after they had made the fix.

Other mods on my car are:
Bassani Full exhaust (Cat/H/Headers)
90mm 2800 SCT MAF
SCT Tune - Xcal2
Mezier Elec. Water Pump
LFP Heat Exchanger and coolant res.

trolls56

Established Member
Anyone have dynos of a 2.2 kb at 17 psi and new 2.3 whipple at the same boost? BlownCobra did you ever find out if you made more tq by goin to a lower pulley?

Users who are viewing this thread