whipple owners come in

black venom

Lthl SVT Poster
Established Member
I am installing the whipple @ 17lbs and wndering how much a drop in fuel mileage you have seen after the install. I'm not talking about wot 24/7 just everyday normal driving. With a 2.76 upper non ported eaton with all boltons i was seeing 17 mph in the city/ 21 hwy. Thanks

Jack

Established Member
I have logged every tank of gas my car has ever recieved (since I bought it @ 3K miles)

my average gas mileage did not change going from a ported 2.8 eaton to the Whipple, gas mileage has been a consistent 15mpg +/- 1mpg

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I'm running 20lbs of boost with my Whipple, 60lb injectors, stock pumps with BAP and wire upgrade. I also have 4.10 gears and get about 16 mpg mainly city driving, 19 mpg on the highway, +/- 1mpg.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
whipple/17lbs/injectors, etc etc

daily driver, if driving sanely I get the same exact gas mileage, when I give it some throttle I can watch the gas guage move(drops my mileage by a 3rd at least).

TEABG

Banned
If anything I have increased my economy (Fuel Economy) with the Whipple. Went from a Eaton 2.93" to a Whipple 3.5". Remember the Whipple is not rotating or drawing anywhere near the power the Eaton does from the crankshaft which will increase the economy with the Whipple. Not sure the exact math but I bet the Eaton rotates per a revolution (2) times compared for (1) rotation with the Whipple 3.5"V3.5" pulleys.

black venom

Lthl SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks for the info I am getting the tune done today and can not wait to see what it puts down. Before the whipple I had 480 rwhp and 501 rwtq. I am going to run the 3.0 pulley with a safe tune which I hope nets somewhere near 575-600rwhp and 520-530 rwtq.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You should be around 550-560 tq if the tune is spot on. I am at 525 tq with a 3.25 pulley.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread