whipple owners

black venom

Lthl SVT Poster
Established Member
How many problems have you had after adding the whipple to the stock block?.And how long have you had the whipple on the stock block?. I am planning on running atleast 17# and a very conservative AF but I have been warned that putting the whipple on my car is putting my car on borrowed time. I am hoping to get around 575rwhp and 5 something torque. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

DSG03Cobra

Established Member
black venom said:
How many problems have you had after adding the whipple to the stock block?.And how long have you had the whipple on the stock block?. I am planning on running atleast 17# and a very conservative AF but I have been warned that putting the whipple on my car is putting my car on borrowed time. I am hoping to get around 575rwhp and 5 something torque. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

I just put mine on a week ago w/ the 3.00. I'm seeing 17psi on my Autometer boost guage. Just went to the dyno yesterday, and on a pretty rich tune (VERY safe, and a little room to still improve), 20* timing, and pump gas (93 Octane) I put down 582rwhp/572rwtq on a MustangDyno. So far I haven't seen any problems, but time will tell...

As for putting the Whipple on puts you on borrowed time... well, anything you change on the car could be said to be putting you on borrowed time. Are these engines designed to last forever, especially at 600+ hp levels...of course not. The bottom end will supposedly last, but the pistons could crap out at any minute. I've heard guys running 10's of thousands of miles at 17+psi and not having a problem. Others you hear about blowing crap up immediately after the install. All you can really do is get a good tune, get the supporting mods to help cool the engine a little more, and cross your fingers...

It's like life...enjoy it while you can b/c you never know if you'll be around tomorrow...

lthlsnake

U like spike strips? I do
Established Member
DSG03Cobra said:
I just put mine on a week ago w/ the 3.00. I'm seeing 17psi on my Autometer boost guage. Just went to the dyno yesterday, and on a pretty rich tune (VERY safe, and a little room to still improve), 20* timing, and pump gas (93 Octane) I put down 582rwhp/572rwtq on a MustangDyno. So far I haven't seen any problems, but time will tell...

As for putting the Whipple on puts you on borrowed time... well, anything you change on the car could be said to be putting you on borrowed time. Are these engines designed to last forever, especially at 600+ hp levels...of course not. The bottom end will supposedly last, but the pistons could crap out at any minute. I've heard guys running 10's of thousands of miles at 17+psi and not having a problem. Others you hear about blowing crap up immediately after the install. All you can really do is get a good tune, get the supporting mods to help cool the engine a little more, and cross your fingers...

It's like life...enjoy it while you can b/c you never know if you'll be around tomorrow...

amen

TEABG

Banned
Well my car has been Whippled for over (5) months and my drive-ability has much improved over the Eaton. Idle is amazing now ! You know Cobra owners we care a lot about the idle. Fuel Economy improved ! Motor runs cooler ! Performance is almost consistent, much improved over the Eaton. My set up is K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Whipple 3.5" pulley, Custom Tune 11.8 A/F 18 Deg Timing. 540 RWHP. In a few weeks I will have improved numbers. 60 Pound injectors are on there way on and so is the Mafia. Amazon will re-tune! Personally I would not go more than a 3.25" pulley, 15 PSI. My car fun factor is back, I am really satisfied, I worked all that overtime for the black jewel that is on top of my intake. Would not change a thing if I had the chance.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
DSG03Cobra said:

The mustang dyno in my area reads about 6% lower than the dynojet, so that would be about 617 rwhp and 607 tq on a DJ. Very Nice :)

DSG03Cobra

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
The mustang dyno in my area reads about 6% lower than the dynojet, so that would be about 617 rwhp and 607 tq on a DJ. Very Nice :)

Thank man... hoping to the get tune all dialed in, pick up a digital camcorder, and find a DynoJet in the area. Then I can have a cool video in my signature too... :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread