Whipple Pro's - Help me complete my project!

Stang2WRX

Established Member
Hey guys...

Currently I have an Xtreme Motorsports HE, FIPK, SLP catted X, and SLP catback... replaced motor - has 700 miles on it, and the 2nd eaton was never pullied. Just ordered the MGW shifter too...

Now, this is what I have waiting to go in during spring break:

Whipple Supercharger (3.00 pulley),
60lb injectors w/ harnesses,
MAFXtender,
Big-Bore TB,
Billetflow 100MM idler,
DynoJet wideband commander,
Billetflow IRS brace.

Things I still need to get:

Fuel pumps or BAP,
TR6 Plugs,
Predator w/ tune - probably from james,
Gatorback Belt (was thinking of 73.5" or 74").

Am I missing something? Any helpful hints?
I still am unsure of what im going to do for pumps - focus or BAP.
Belt length?

Also - Whipple doesn't include IC bolts.. but I have some REALLY strong heat treated ones at work.. does anyone know thread and length of them?

I broke an intake manifold bolt during my ported eaton install.. had no torque specs, so those would help too if you guys know - share the info!

Thanks alot...
Kitt

Last edited:

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
WEll I know that james has a lot of those items needed, the predator, the injectors, the harness, the MAF, the BAP...maybe he will get you a deal for everything.

Stang2WRX

Established Member
RickSvt said:
WEll I know that james has a lot of those items needed, the predator, the injectors, the harness, the MAF, the BAP...maybe he will get you a deal for everything.

all i need out of that list is the BAP and predator... but im debating doing focus pumps.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Ok, didnt know you had everything else, but I am sure he will be able to get you what you need....

Rick

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
Stang2WRX said:
Also - Whipple doesn't include IC bolts.. but I have some REALLY strong heat treated ones at work.. does anyone know thread and length of them?

I broke an intake manifold bolt during my ported eaton install.. had no torque specs, so those would help too if you guys know - share the info!

Thanks alot...
Kitt

Have you got the Whipple yet to verify this? When I got my Whipple it came with intercooler bolts, along with blower to lower intake bolts, and synthetic oil for the blower. They're really small that's for sure... and all the bolts are allen head type. You can reuse the stockers if you pull all ten of them out sucessfully ;-) The thread on them is small... it's smaller than a M6 I believe.

Torque specs on the lower intake to head bolts are 89 lb/in and then an additional 90*. That's inch pounds so make sure you use an inch pound torque wrench. In ft/lbs that's about 7.5 lb/ft. There's a certain sequence as well they torque in:

Passenger side, middle (3rd bolt down)
Driver's side middle
Passenger side rear bolt (this one is a PITA to get to)
Driver's side rear (not as bad)
Passenger side, 2nd bolt from front
Driver's side, 2nd bolt from front
Passenger side, 4th bolt from front (10mm swivel socket is handy here)
Driver's side, 4th bolt from front
Passenger side front bolt
Driver's side front bolt

Postban has the actual Ford procedure on his imagestation album... maybe he'll chime in here. It has the diagrams and everything. Thanks for having it on there Postban :-D

Let me know if there's any other help you need.

Shannon

Stang2WRX

Established Member
FOURCED said:
Have you got the Whipple yet to verify this? When I got my Whipple it came with intercooler bolts, along with blower to lower intake bolts, and synthetic oil for the blower. They're really small that's for sure... and all the bolts are allen head type. You can reuse the stockers if you pull all ten of them out sucessfully ;-) The thread on them is small... it's smaller than a M6 I believe.

Torque specs on the lower intake to head bolts are 89 lb/in and then an additional 90*. That's inch pounds so make sure you use an inch pound torque wrench. In ft/lbs that's about 7.5 lb/ft. There's a certain sequence as well they torque in:

Passenger side, middle (3rd bolt down)
Driver's side middle
Passenger side rear bolt (this one is a PITA to get to)
Driver's side rear (not as bad)
Passenger side, 2nd bolt from front
Driver's side, 2nd bolt from front
Passenger side, 4th bolt from front (10mm swivel socket is handy here)
Driver's side, 4th bolt from front
Passenger side front bolt
Driver's side front bolt

Postban has the actual Ford procedure on his imagestation album... maybe he'll chime in here. It has the diagrams and everything. Thanks for having it on there Postban :-D

Let me know if there's any other help you need.

Shannon

Thanks... a great help!!!

Dustin at whipple said they didn't come with bolts???
I'll have to ask again. Did anyone buy straight from them?

Also... I am still in search of advice on Pump situation, and MAFXtender install.

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
Stang2WRX said:
Thanks... a great help!!!

Dustin at whipple said they didn't come with bolts???
I'll have to ask again. Did anyone buy straight from them?

Also... I am still in search of advice on Pump situation, and MAFXtender install.

Hmmm... that's odd. Mine was shipped to Amazon and then shipped to me... but there wasn't anything put in the box aside from what Whipple sent to start with. I dunno :shrug:

Advice on the pump situation is as diverse as the people that post here. I'm running a BAP on the stock pumps... and upon a datalog run I'm already at 100% duty cycle on the pumps at a little over 613 at the wheels. If you upgrade the lines from the pumps all the way to the rails to a 6AN or an 8AN that should help out in pump efficiency I believe.

Whenever MJ finishes up the MFPDM, that along with Aviator pumps would be the best bet... ugraded lines wouldn't hurt then either. There's a post about it over on modfords in the Terminator section.

Shannon

JerseySVT

Established Member
Stang2WRX said:
Jersey - so similar to my setup...

Did you send them out for a swap or do it yourself?

Also - what #'s you putting down?

18 psi? is that a 3.00 plus mods?

JDM hooked my car up. Yeah, i'm using the 3.00 upper, stock lower. In January it put down 622 / 570 STD with the safe tune. I'm doing a CF DF clutch, 26 spline input shaft, TOB, & LFP heat exchanger this month. And if I have any money left over, I might do a 75 shot. I just got my 16x10 Diamond racing wheels today. ET Streets going on them tomorrow. Its going to be nice to have traction for a change. And just in time for the tracks to open up. Good luck with the Whipple. :beer:

JerseySVT

Established Member
Stock headers, 93 octane :beer:

Mods:

Whipple @ 18psi, 60 lb inj., SCT MAF, Focus Pumps, Accufab TB,
JDM CAI, SCT switch chip, UPR O/R X-pipe, Magnaflow CB,
QA1 shocks, MJ's IRS Brace, JDM Pinion Snubber,
Level 5 DSS Half Shafts, MGW Shifter, 16x10's w/ ET Streets

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread