whipple question

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Really ,I did't know that.

Yep. Roush actually casts the manifolds and sells them to Whipple/FRPP for the 525hp and 624hp kits.

So, anyone with a Roush or Whipple/FRPP kit can purchase the Whipple 2.9L or 4.0L upgrade and it will mount on the manifold.

Here are links to the upgrade kits:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/20...-5-0l/superchargers/whipple/2-9l-upgrade-kits

http://www.lethalperformance.com/20...rchargers/whipple/4-0l-crusher-upgrade-kits-1

One thing to note, the 4.0L does require the 10 rib Cobra Jet pulley set-up. I believe FRPP has stopped making these, but Whipple is trying to get something going to reproduce them.

Last edited:

NickSezz

Established Member
Yep. Roush actually casts the manifolds and sells them to Whipple/FRPP for the 525hp and 624hp kits.

So, anyone with a Roush or Whipple/FRPP kit can purchase the Whipple 2.9L or 4.0L upgrade and it will mount on the manifold.

Here are links to the upgrade kits:

2.9L Upgrade Kits - Whipple - Superchargers - 2011-2014 Mustang GT 5.0L

4.0L Crusher Upgrade Kits - Whipple - Superchargers - 2011-2014 Mustang GT 5.0L

One thing to note, the 4.0L does require the 10 rib Cobra Jet pulley set-up. I believe FRPP has stopped making these, but Whipple is trying to get something going to reproduce them.

+1

I believe Watson Engineering can help out with the 10 rib belt drive though I am not 100% on the availability of the kit. Click their "assemblies" tab to view the 10 rib kit.

cruzing2much

Established Member
The 4.0 and the 4.5L will bolt on but your going to loose a wiper and clearance your secondary firewall. And even then when you put on the 10 rib kit be ready to spend some serious money on custom pulleys to make it work. Standard whipple pulleys won't work. Was the first to have this setup 2year ago learned a lot. But makes killer power and awsome track times.

Users who are viewing this thread