whipple questions

greenstanggt99

Established Member
I'm going to be purchasing a Whipple for my 03 cobra in the spring, most likely a 2.3 unless someone has some good suggestions, i'm open to them.

What upper/lower pulley combo would be recommended?

All of my internals are still stock. I know I need to upgrade to 60# injectors, I already have a KB BAP, I will be upgrading my MAF to a sct BA 2400, currently it has a diablosport mafia chip. I have coming to me an accufab TB and plenum.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

h82luz

beer drinker
Established Member
depends on what you want out of it. is it a dd or just a wknd toy? im running a 2.8 upper and stock lower and right around 20lbs or so with nothing but 103 octane in the tank. lol obviously no dd

04cobra13

Established Member
im running my pump gas tune with a stock 3.5 upper whipple pulley and a 4# lower which puts me at 17lbs, which i think most guys do for a pump gas tune...

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
For a new Whipple Gen2 go with a 3.2 upper pulley and stock lower. This should give you about 17 psi. It's a great pump gas level and will be plenty of fun.

I would also just go with a MAFia for the MAF upgrade. It will work just fine.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
For a new Whipple Gen2 go with a 3.2 upper pulley and stock lower. This should give you about 17 psi. It's a great pump gas level and will be plenty of fun.

I would also just go with a MAFia for the MAF upgrade. It will work just fine.

not as much fun as the 3.0 pulley on the gen 2 ;-)

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
the 3.0 on a gen 2 should give you 17psi with mid lengh bassanis???

dont know man. the 3.0 on my gen 2 hit 20psi on dyno in 97 F heat, and stabilizied @ 19 psi.

i cannot speak for headers, as I use the stock logs, maggie catted X, and borla stingers

colors

TERM8TR
Established Member
I'm going to be purchasing a Whipple for my 03 cobra in the spring, most likely a 2.3 unless someone has some good suggestions, i'm open to them.

What upper/lower pulley combo would be recommended?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Good move, you'll definitely enjoy it. I've got the 2.3 and I'm running 3.0 upper/stock lower and using 93 octane on the street. I add/mix 103 octane at the track. Pushing some where between 16-17 lbs.

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
My weekend warrior has a Whipple Gen 2 with a 3.1" upper and stock lower. Car made 585 RWHP on a pump gas tune and is all you would want to handle on the street.
I really can't get high octane, unleaded fuel around here so I'll keep it safe and conservative. My goal at this point is 10.90's at full weight and with the IRS. Once I can get that with a pump gas tune, I'll start playing around with more timing and higher octane fuel and probably swap in a solid axle.

greenstanggt99

Established Member
thanks for all the good feedback, i think i have a pretty good idea of what direction i'm going to head in... wish spring would come soon!!

Packy

FBGM
Established Member
Hey, I bought an 04 with a Whipple 2.3 on it. How can I tell if it is Gen 2 or not? he guy said it was but you know how that goes sometimes.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Hey, I bought an 04 with a Whipple 2.3 on it. How can I tell if it is Gen 2 or not? he guy said it was but you know how that goes sometimes.

A Gen 2 Serial number will start with 140-XXXX. So look behind the snout, where it mounts to the casing on the shiny metal flange. If it says 140- (4digit number) u have a gen 2

Users who are viewing this thread