Whipple Supercharger Oil

mwilson6192

Established Member
I swear this was discussed somewhere in the 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 forums in the past, but search is not finding the post.

I have a Whipple 4.0L supercharger (WK-200240P W245AX GT500 CRUSHER KIT) on my 2014 GT500. I believe this model supercharger takes Whipple Supercharger Oil part number SCOIL-200.

1. Is this the right part number?
2. I can't seem to find where to order this … it is not available on the Whipple web site, and one obscure site had an old reference to this part number.

My supercharger has a loud chirping sound when first started. It faded away when the car warmed up at the beginning of the season. By the end of the season, the chirping would remain even after an initial warmup (but not as loud initially). At first I thought it was belt slippage, but I don't believe that is the case.

This thread I was searching for in this forum had a similar description by another owner with a Whipple supercharger, and he discovered that his supercharger was low on the oil level. He indicated he added supercharger oil and the chirping went away completely - and he issued a warning to all to check the supercharger oil level.

My GT500 is stored away for now, but I was thinking about this the other day and that is why I am looking now to obtain the proper Whipple supercharger oil before the start of the season (even though that is months away).

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread