whipple update

illadvisedSnake

need supporting mods!!!!
Established Member
Well after putting on a few thousand miles, I noticed the oil level in my whipple was below the sight glass... I filled it with the small amount of oil I had left over and it put the oil right to the bottom of the window... and I have noticed a small amount of something that could be spraying on the underside of my hood, it looks like its spray from off the belt because its like two marks the width of a belt. Anyways, I called whipple and they said that sometimes it can take a little bit for the seal to "take", he went on to explain to me how they put the seal on a jig for 5 minutes before they assembly it and how the seal has memory and what not... so he is overnighting me a bottle of oil, said fill it back to half way up, then keep an eye on it... if I have to keep filling it then he said he'll keep sending me oil untill I can get a chance to take it off and send it in... said 1 day turn around time...

hopefully it doesn't have to come to that... I haven't even unleashed the beast yet :eek:

I was reading in the manual and it said some oil loss is normal... he said they have had 2 seals not take or go bad out of about a run of 1000 units

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
weird...that is weird. Makes me want to go check my oil on mine even though it is the older model. Hope it works out for you bro.

illadvisedSnake

need supporting mods!!!!
Established Member
thanks brent, I hope it all works out, just got the oil... gonna toss it in now..

OT question... are you getting any belt slip with your 3.25"

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
illadvisedSnake said:
thanks brent, I hope it all works out, just got the oil... gonna toss it in now..

OT question... are you getting any belt slip with your 3.25"

Dyno isn't showing it nor is there any belt dust...so nope not that I can tell.

illadvisedSnake

need supporting mods!!!!
Established Member
talk about resurrecting an old thread holy crap... the whipple was holding the oil better. I sold the car shortly after this so I cannot comment any more than that about it.

cemille01

high on psi.......
Established Member
Haha sorry dude! Been researching this issue since fridat. Ive been through 2 bottles of oil after it got off the rollers and it wont stay full. Think im gonna have to have it rebuilt again

Users who are viewing this thread