whipple

bottle fed 14

Established Member
I have looked at all the power adders would love to have cpr turbo but maybe to much work don't have that much time already have nitrous whipple will probably be the way I go

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
i think we dont see many post on the Whipple because of price.but i also know u get what u pay for.

RIPN

Established Member
There beautiful, but other TVSs are getting the same times, for a lot less money! Idk, pay for the name/paint? Not starting a pissing match...don't understand the price on them.

corepwn

Established Member
The Whipple's are great blowers but I think that the reasons that most people don't choose them can be summarized as follows.

#1. Cost
Paying a premium for essentially no power difference over a TVS setup when on a stock engine.

#2. Performance
The 2.9 Whipple provides minimal increases if any, at the track vs a 2.3 TVS even when coupled with a built motor. The 2.3 TVS has taken cars into the 8s with quite a few mid 9s.

#3. Reliability
The 2.9+ Whipple platforms don't use the first shiv on the balancer. There have been reports of coyote cranks having issues when the boost is turned up due to the extra stress.

I'm happy with my 2.3 TVS, but would love it if they made a 2.9 or bigger!

corepwn

Established Member
I don't believe anything has changed mechanically so I would assume the issue to still persist. From my memory it mostly affected the ATI 20% OD balancer 10 rib cars.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Isn't the 10 rib conversion really expensive? Like over $2000?

I almost went with the Whipple (2yrs ago) as the shop I had my install/tune sells both. They steared me towards the Roush 2.3 because of its lower cost & better efficiency down low. That was before VMP came out with a better Gen 2 case too.

stangn

Established Member
I've had a 2.9 on my 13 since the car was new. Runs off back of balancer just like the TVS not sure what problem I should be having. 12 psi and mid 10's on 18" DR all day long with 0 heat soak, no extra fans or upgraded heat exchanger here.

Everyone say TVS is cheaper, but what little I've looked at the upgraded stages it's very close to standard Whipple kit

stangn

Established Member
I remember that. He broke the crank on the used engine he bought, sorry used then rebuilt. Lol
In all seriousness its so hard to really judge any of this from posts. To many variables to take into consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread