White/Blue F150, New Style with Blower?

rlearp

Established Member
Last night coming off US64 into Cary before US 1 split (I know this doesn't help you guys that don't live here) a new F150 style truck, white, with blue trim and hood scoop comes up as we're both slowing down for light. Light turns green before I, and this truck I just noticed, get to the intersection. He punches truck at that time, I floor it, and from about 25 to 75 mph I managed to gain about 1.5 to 2 truck lengths. He got a slight drop on me at get go, but not by much and when we both let off I was definitely ahead.

What type of truck is this? Custom job or something a Ford dealer is offering? I didn't notice a lot about the truck since there wasn't much time, other than it had a tiny rear door, that is, not a single cab, and was the larger newer style truck. He went left onto US 1 North while I continued on into Cary on 64, so I didn't get to see the fellow, nor really look at the truck. My window was down and I could tell the truck had a supercharger, but it didn't sound like mine, it sounded like a Vortech or similar.

Good looking truck from what I could tell, better than the standard F150.

Ron

Chas

Established Member
Did it look like this?
vehicles_f1502.jpg

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Chas said:
Did it look like this?
vehicles_f1502.jpg

That is the jack roush. there is one in the new ford Truck mag that has almost he same mods in it. Not, It's got a Kenne Bell on it and it make 485 hp and 435lb-ft. It justs make 9# of boost at those numbers. They call it the ELIMINATOR. Who knows?:shrug:

rlearp

Established Member
It did look like that! But, I bet it weighs a lot, plus, those are flywheel numbers so that would explain sort of poor performance.

Ron

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
http://www.roushperformance.com/f150.shtml

The stage 3 or 500RC Roush trucks are probably what you saw since they are the only 2 supercharged ones. I know a guy with a stage 2, they are really nice trucks, just don't think I would wanna pay that much for something that isn't a bunch faster than the L.

rlearp

Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
http://www.roushperformance.com/f150.shtml

The stage 3 or 500RC Roush trucks are probably what you saw since they are the only 2 supercharged ones. I know a guy with a stage 2, they are really nice trucks, just don't think I would wanna pay that much for something that isn't a bunch faster than the L.

Clearly, I don't know what stage this truck was but from my limited run against it, it was way slower than my L. And would get stomped by most of you fellows!!!!! ;-)

After looking at those pages I bet the Stage three is way slower too - the truck has a curb weight almost 1000 lbs ihgher than a Lightning!!!! Looks nice though.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread