White smoke at WOT

Sperm Rocket

Established Member
A buddy of mine noticed when I did a short WOT pull (60mph-70mph), some really thick white smoke was coming out of the exhaust.

I checked the oil and coolant, both look fine and it doesn't seem like any was used.

Truck runs fine too, doesn't backfire or miss. 11.3 A/F, runs good.

I'm going to have the shop do a compression test Wednesday and hopefully the compression is good. If not ill be furious. 9k miles on a fresh complete motor, not even a seasoned block. 5k miles were break in time, 10.0 A/F, then I gradually took some fuel out. +3* of timing... not sure what could be wrong.

No scent of coolant or burnt oil. Temp gauge seems fine. Sometimes it jumps a tiny bit as if I have an air bubble in the system but its minimal.

Only thing abnormal is a few weeks ago I smelled what I thought was plastic melting. I checked everything out and it looked fine. My wideband sensor also died when I smelled this and haven't smelled it since then so maybe that was it lol.

Any ideas what it could be?

Last edited:

Sperm Rocket

Established Member
Nothing abnormal. Dark brown. Oil you'd expect to see after like 5k miles without a change. I use 5w-20 motorcraft oil. Dealership does the changes, $20 isn't a bad deal at all lol.

svtboss

i had just installed a vortech v2 on a fresh rebuild 315miles and everything seems to be ok except after i get on it and then slow down i get white smoke out exhaust is this normal its a 98 cobra with all forged internals?

Users who are viewing this thread