White smoke from under hood.

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
Hey guys I dont drive my terminator too much maybe about 2500 miles every six months since I got a good DD. Im taking the car to Pigeon Forge, TN for the yellow mustang registry yearly meet. Because of this, I want to make sure everything is in order with it, I spend all of my suspension and maintenance money on my DD so the cobra gets left behind. Had it for over a year and a half and havent done one mod yet lol. Anyway this morning I went to put the car up on ramps just to check it out underneath and to see if I could diagnose this grinding noise that I hear sometimes at lower speeds and sometimes when turning. I havent checked the wheel bearings yet for that. But as I was putting the car up on ramps today, I noticed white smoke coming out from the passenger side of the hood towards where the heater core hoses go into the firewall. It was extremely light smoke and the car cover that is normally on the car was moist so I was wondering if maybe it happened to be some water burning off the exhaust or something. I checked the hoses and everything looked good and I didnt smell coolant (trust me having E36s that have overheated and cracked heads, I know coolant lol). So I know this is such a long post about a simple thing but what do you guys think it could have been? I last drove the car to disney which is about a 10 minute drive from me just to air it out after a few weeks of sitting. Also im getting a pulley chirp from one of the 25 pulleys these cars have lol. I think its the aftermarket idler to accommodate the smaller pulley. If I spray some WD on it it quiets for a few days. Hoping I can make the 1600-1700 mile trip all good like this.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
It could be one of the hoses have a leak and it was dripping onto the exhaust. But since you live in Florida and it was under a cover what are the chances it had some condensation that was burning off?

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
It could be one of the hoses have a leak and it was dripping onto the exhaust. But since you live in Florida and it was under a cover what are the chances it had some condensation that was burning off?
I'm thinking it's possible. The windows were all wet this morning too it's a cover craft car cover that was $300 so I'm assuming it's good.

Users who are viewing this thread