White smoke?

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member
this happened to me twice yesterday, outside temps were cool around 50-60 degrees

well i start the car drive about 2 miles down the highway to get something to eat, put the car in neutral and sit for about 10 seconds then white smoke starts comin out, itll smoke for about 30-45 seconds, there was a good amount of smoke nothing like seafoam but it is noticeable

i checked my coolant level and it is fine, also the smoke doesnt smell sweet like coolant, its smells like gas, honestly my car smells like a lawnmower

i have no cats so and it has smelt a little like gas before but it has never smoked

any suggestions on what it could be?

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Oil burning is blue smoke. You may have a head gasket leaking... My car doesn't have cats either, and it smells real bad when I'm at a stop light... It may just be some condensation, since the weather was a little cool outside.

byeofcr

Established Member
possibly, but i noticed mine only puffs noticeable white smoke at start up when its cold with condensation, after about 5 minutes it disappears.

head gasket maybe..

duane v

Established Member
Its condensation, aluminum heads have a tendacy to weep, and when the weather is cold you can get a steaming affect coming from the tail pipes..If youre really worried test the coolant for traces of exhaust, and the oil as well..they sell the dye kits at Kragen...DA snake boy!!!!

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Just noticed white smoke on mine too. I just finished changing my plugs, wires, and I also bumped my timing up to 16*. Could that have something to do with it? I never saw white smoke before?

Users who are viewing this thread