white smoke

Thor5.0

I'm goin Fayast!!!
Established Member
A friend of mine has an 06 stroker, and he had it turned up for a while, then he turned it down a little, and now he has it off. It wass blowing white smoke when he had it on, and now that he has it off it only blows white smoke when he's pulling somthing. I'm thinking EGR or ICP, but i'm not sure. Anyone have any ideas?

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Well white smoke if I remember correctly is completely unburnt fuel. Or it could be coolant. If you can, smell the smoke and see if it smells like burnt coolant or diesel, you will be able to notice right away.

If it is coolant, there are a number of issues that it could be.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
haha, yea I should have mentioned that. But am I correct on what I told him? That is what I was told to do by the guys over at PSN.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
thank you for answering me question, now, what could be causing it?

It could be a bunch of things causing white smoke. It could be an outdated pcm flash from Ford. But on the other hand it could be a blown EGR Cooler, clogged EGR pipe/valve, oil or coolant in the combustion chambers, blown gaskets, strechted studs, weak heads. It could be a whole number of things.

03shadowgreygt

Established Member
check and see if your loosing coolant, if its low and hasn't been blowing out the cap its probably the egr cooler, if its blowing out the cap its probably head gaskets, good luck

Users who are viewing this thread