White thik smoke constant

joseph02

Established Member
My problem is I have 2003 cobra with procharger. thick white smoke is coming out of the exhaust constant, But my coolant level is steady and am not loosing any.
the engine sucks a lot of oil to the intake and the procharger with the blow-off valve, even sometimes it drops oil out of the filter intake which causes loosing oil or maybe am burning it too. what I have read on the forums that if it would burn oil the smoke would have been blue. and its not black to say that am running rich. maybe it is mixing the transmission fluid but how come that happens ?? :??:

Ive suspected that the pcv valve went bad, so I've replaced it but still nothing have changed.
Is it the something that has to do with the heads OR pistons ? :idea:
I did compression test and this is the result :
Driver side Bank is good and they are at 120 psi more or less by #1
Passenger side bank, starting from the pistons that is near the firewall.
#1 @ 120 psi
#2 @ 0 psi
#3 @ 35 psi
#4 @ 25 psi

And the car runs worst that a honda :bash:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You're done, time for a rebuild.

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Could do a leak down and see if you've blown a head gasket or if it's a bottom end issue.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Could do a leak down and see if you've blown a head gasket or if it's a bottom end issue.

With zero psi, if head gasket, you would think massive coolant pressurization and/or oil contamination.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
With zero psi, if head gasket, you would think massive coolant pressurization and/or oil contamination.

Not if the piece blows out right between two cylinders. All the pressure just blows into the adjacent cylinder and there's no oil contamination or coolant issues. You usually see the cylinder next to it about as low and his are not but I've seen weirder things.

joseph02

Established Member
Not if the piece blows out right between two cylinders. All the pressure just blows into the adjacent cylinder and there's no oil contamination or coolant issues. You usually see the cylinder next to it about as low and his are not but I've seen weirder things.

"Not if the piece blows out right between two cylinders" what I understand from this is the wall between the cylinders are cracked.
Sorry but I need to work on my english more than my car :D

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
So you are saying its the bottom end that needs a build !

If you pull the passenger side head and head gasket is not compromised, you will need to freshen the short block.

Once the head is off, any damage should be apparent.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
"Bottom End" is usually the term for mains, crank, rod bearings, etc. Top end, ring, pistons, cylinders and above.

To further expand ^^^

If the oil ingestion/loss of compression is because of piston ring failure: you will need to have the cylinder bored .010 to .030 over to remove damage. You would then need new pistons/rings. Depending on power goals, you may upgrade rods at that time also.

If pistons show significant detonation, rods should be checked carefully before reuse.

Users who are viewing this thread