Whiteline upgrades completed today, impressions......

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Hey guys I've been talking about upgrading my rear suspension for a few weeks now , well I finally had it all installed over the weekend, and picked up the car today. Here is the list of what I had installed.

1) adjustable lca's
2) uca with bracket
3) relocation brackets
4) adjustable rear sway bar
5) watts link- bye bye panhard bar and brace!
6) adjustable front sway, is on its way (back order).
7) amsoil 100% severe gear oil 75-140 100k change interval.

I already had Steeda sport springs,Steeda heavy duty mounts, takico d-specs,and ford racing strut bar!

Let me tell you guys if you value a performance feeling of complete confidence at speed, you will love the way this car feels. The rear is so well planted and balanced and it just tracks around corners and says give me more. My car is completely transformed with this set up. Even shifts at low speed are improved. No more low speed clunk which I was certain came from the weak stock uca. If your looking to upgrade your suspension I highly recommend this set up!

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
great upgrades man. im thinking of going with the whiteline watts link but i dont want to mess with my warranty. so i might just go with the whiteline PHB for now.

kingnut

Established Member
also did you notice and difference with the new amsoil oil?

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
whiteline is good stuff. with the relo brackets, did you have to adjust the lca's to keep the axle straight?

Chaney5.0

Turn the radio down, and go over some small, but swift/decent sized, bumpy roads at low speeds. Can you hear a rattle coming from the rear end?

Most cars get it after LCA upgrades, but nobody pays attention, To somebody who does it drives me nuts. I had to go back to the stock LCAS.

NO IT IS NOT SOMETHING LOOSE. You can torque and re torque every thing. It goes away when you put the stock shitty rubber bushing LCAS back on. I want to know how well the Whiteline bushings help mask the noise, but give better performance.

let me know please! It might take you some time to replicate the noise, but it is VERY noticeable at low speeds over bumpy roads.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The watts link allows for adjusting the centering of the rear and my installer got it perfect, he also adjusted the pinion angle as well. The watts also allows for ride height adjustment, he got that perfect as well. As far as noise which was a primary concern for me,there is no noise, it's quiet over bumps at low speed. believe me the roads suck here. The difference is that the Whiteline bushings being synthetic elastomer don't transmit the harshness that urethane would. It's 1 of the primary reasons why I went with Whiteline! But even if you don't go with Whiteline I recommend a watts link it's a much better set up then a panhard bar and brace!

Chaney5.0

The watts link allows for adjusting the centering of the rear and my installer got it perfect, he also adjusted the pinion angle as well. The watts also allows for ride height adjustment, he got that perfect as well. As far as noise which was a primary concern for me,there is no noise, it's quiet over bumps at low speed. believe me the roads suck here. The difference is that the Whiteline bushings being synthetic elastomer don't transmit the harshness that urethane would. It's 1 of the primary reasons why I went with Whiteline! But even if you don't go with Whiteline I recommend a watts link it's a much better set up then a panhard bar and brace!

I appreciate the reply!

I am going to take your word for it and buy some white lines with relocation brackets! Do you have a link to exactly what you bought?

I hope I can trust you :coolman:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I appreciate the reply!

I am going to take your word for it and buy some white lines with relocation brackets! Do you have a link to exactly what you bought?

I hope I can trust you :coolman:

Yeah call these guys tell em your a svt forum member they will give you a great deal:

Whiteline

kingnut

Established Member
Err I may have to go back to my original plan of a white line watts link. I just don't want any warranty problems out of ford. Love the fact that you don't have any added NVH. I have heard that before that is why I am going white line.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Err I may have to go back to my original plan of a white line watts link. I just don't want any warranty problems out of ford. Love the fact that you don't have any added NVH. I have heard that before that is why I am going white line

^^^good choice, it's a quality piece, when I got my car back and it was like " now this is how it's suppose to be". if you choose to go with the amsoil 100% synthetic gear oil go with this:

AMSOIL Severe Gear® 75W-140

And don't forget to add this as well:

AMSOIL Slip Lock Gear Oil Additive

Last edited:

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
Turn the radio down, and go over some small, but swift/decent sized, bumpy roads at low speeds. Can you hear a rattle coming from the rear end?

Most cars get it after LCA upgrades, but nobody pays attention, To somebody who does it drives me nuts. I had to go back to the stock LCAS.

NO IT IS NOT SOMETHING LOOSE. You can torque and re torque every thing. It goes away when you put the stock shitty rubber bushing LCAS back on. I want to know how well the Whiteline bushings help mask the noise, but give better performance.

let me know please! It might take you some time to replicate the noise, but it is VERY noticeable at low speeds over bumpy roads.

I can hear it on mine, steeda billet lca's.

kingnut

Established Member
Err I may have to go back to my original plan of a white line watts link. I just don't want any warranty problems out of ford. Love the fact that you don't have any added NVH. I have heard that before that is why I am going white line

^^^good choice, it's a quality piece, when I got my car back and it was like " now this is how it's suppose to be". if you choose to go with the amsoil 100% synthetic gear oil go with this:

AMSOIL Severe Gear® 75W-140

And don't forget to add this as well:

AMSOIL Slip Lock Gear Oil Additive

oil additive isnt supposed to be used with the Torsen differential. but thanks for the gear oil link

jojobee

Established Member
oil additive isnt supposed to be used with the Torsen differential. but thanks for the gear oil link

Your right but our cars dont have a torsen differential, the Boss has one.
The track pack might too but cant remember for sure.
The severe gear oil + additive is exactly what Unleashedbeast recommend for a GT without a torsen diff.

jojobee

Established Member
I finally got up under the car to take a pic of my recent suspension install:

Looks really good.
I was thinking of swapping gears and my pumpkin cover, i guess i should do it at the same time since the watts replaces the cover anyway.
I already have a BMR panhard but the Whiteline seems to be very good..
How much did you pay for the watts alone ?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Looks really good.
I was thinking of swapping gears and my pumpkin cover, i guess i should do it at the same time since the watts replaces the cover anyway.
I already have a BMR panhard but the Whiteline seems to be very good..
How much did you pay for the watts alone ?

Beefcake made me a deal on all the parts as a package, so i couldnt tell you what each piece cost. The standard price is $899.00. If you go with the watts link it replaces your panhard bar and its brace!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread