Whiteline Watts Link Review

magnido45

Established Member
I have had the Whiteline Watts Link on my 2011 for 2 weeks now. Upon research, owners were saying that "the rear absorbs bumps now rather than reacting to them" and "rear feels like it's finally tied to the front suspension as one working unit"...All true, folks!!!

I've spent a lot of money on a full suspension overhaul to improve the handling of the Stang, but was never satisfied with how the rear handled bumpy roads.

For example, I daily drive home from work on a long, stretch of bumpy, windy road (posted speed limit 65mph). I always had to hold on to the steering wheel really tight in order to control the car's rear end from bouncing all over the place on this specific commute. I upgraded to Swift springs on my coilovers, and that improved some. I also tried firming up the rear coilovers and that also tamed the "rocking boat feel" a bit, but you can only go so firm until you enter stiff territory and every bump feels like a jolt. Regardless, I knew it was time to swap out the aftermarket panhard bar/brace combo for a Watts Link because it WAS the weak link in the entire suspension.

Enter the Whiteline Watts Link...talk about super quiet, super road control!!! I can now attack this stretch of road at max speed w/out white knuckling the steering wheel. What a joy to drive with confidence!!! The car absorbs all bumps with out the rear "twerking"...lol. Even on corners, I find myself adding a little more gas to the pedal and the car remains flat and in control. Just point and shoot!!!

If you have the funds...get a Watts Link first over some cosmetic upgrade for your car...it's totally worth every penny. It is the perfect and only solution for that wild, rear end. Oh, and does it behave like an IRS? Yes. No more side to side...just up and down...lol.

Props to Hillbank Motorsports in Irvine, CA for the correct adjustments to dial in the Whiteline Watts Link...I made the mistake of having the Watts installed somewhere else and there were a few issues...so took it to Michael and Ashton for the expert fix.

15751902720_a8fba2ea8d_o.jpg

15751904720_f5c948a4f7_o.jpg

15937232841_24c12ba2db_o.jpg

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I have one and i second this review. People have conditioned themselves to believe watts links are for track use only but its a big improvement over a panhard bar set up. And you cant beat those synthetic elastomer bushings quiet and strong at the same time!

imagejpg1_zpsdc1e975c.jpg

5.0GT

Established Member
I'm really leaning toward buying this. I like how my car handles but it doesn't handle bumps well.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Good to know as I just recently bought one (Got tired of waiting on BMR) but have not installed it yet!
I have heard nothing but good things about the Whitleline Watts link from those who have it.

NickSezz

Established Member
A watts link is a pricey suspension upgrade but like the OP said, it is totally worth it.

We offer great Pricing on the Whiteline Watts links

Shoot me a message if anyone is interested in purchasing one.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Any place near or within a reasonable driving distance from Louisville KY that would know how to properly adjust one? It's beyond my suspension knowledge. I've been considering one for a while.

Thanks

5.0GT

Established Member
Any place near or within a reasonable driving distance from Louisville KY that would know how to properly adjust one? It's beyond my suspension knowledge. I've been considering one for a while.

Thanks

I don't think it's very complicated. I haven't worked on one so anyone can correct me if wrong, it's like adjusting two panhards from looking at it.

Last edited:

torchred02gt

Established Member
Whiteline has pretty good customer support. Or you could call vorshlag and ask their advice. They've been running the watts on their time trials car for a few years now.

Nuar

Established Member
The instructions seem to explain it fairly well, adjust the arms one one way one the other way to center the axle in the wheel wells (tires even distance away from the fender on both sides) and make sure the pivot bracket is centered or clocked to one way slightly (the dirrections say which way) doesn't sound too complicated at all.

86Fbody

Established Member
Thanks for the review. I have been considering this for a while and might bump this up in priority

DO it, you seem to have a pretty budget racer setup so if it isn't expensive and works for you then I would probably seriously consider one myself.

magnido45

Established Member
Thanks for the review. I have been considering this for a while and might bump this up in priority

DO it, you seem to have a pretty budget racer setup so if it isn't expensive and works for you then I would probably seriously consider one myself.

I only daily drive my car and will probably never see the track (even though it's track ready). Some say this upgrade is overkill for a daily driver...NOT!!!...It took me a long time to save up for the Whiteline Watts Link, but the performance results from this upgrade alone really improved the driving experience of the Stang...It transformed the Stang into a streetable race car...night and day difference...not overkill, folks...more like a necessity if you love driving your Mustang!!! Do it!!!

Last edited:

86Fbody

Established Member
I only daily drive my car and will probably never see the track (even though it's track ready). Some say this upgrade is overkill for a daily driver...NOT!!!...It took me a long time to save up for the Whiteline Watts Link, but the performance results from this upgrade alone really improved the driving experience of the Stang...It transformed the Stang into a streetable race car...night and day difference...not overkill, folks...more like a necessity if you love driving your Mustang!!! Do it!!!

It would either be the WL piece or the Cortex street unit, the only thing I like better about the Cortex is the rod ends which will probably transmit more noise but also deflect less.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
So,

Who would have the quietest, sturdy, most maintenance free setup? I'd think bushings on both ends would be quietest but the pivot doesn't move much and that makes me wonder how long the end links would last.

nissenc1337

Established Member
Whiteline is top tier. Their components are well priced and well built. I can't remember a bad review on any of their parts. Watt's link is simply too expensive for me to justify. If this next autocross season goes well i might consider it.

Nuar

Established Member
Whiteline is top tier. Their components are well priced and well built. I can't remember a bad review on any of their parts. Watt's link is simply too expensive for me to justify. If this next autocross season goes well i might consider it.

Except for the failing upper control arms you mean right? :p

Users who are viewing this thread