Who do so many V8 guys, just HATE on Tesla?

Intervention302

Established Member
You cannot mod your EV. It doesn't make the same sounds as my POS Dakota R/T with exhaust. Forget about lifting your hood at a car show. Chicks don't dig EVs. For me, a car is an experience. Another small detail, no maintenance. I like maintaining my POS. Sometimes hot rods even smell good when they are started and running. I spare everyone my rant against EVs. I do not like them one bit.
The only "mod", other than suspension or aero mods, would be the downloadable acceleration boost. Kind of weird to download more HP, but that's how it is.

As far as maintenance goes. I both agree and disagree with you.

On the cobra, yes I like doin the maintenance. Its relaxing

But on the daily, I actually like the maintenance free aspect. It only needs tires and that's it

Last edited:

SVTFastBack

Established Member
Don't know why everyone gets their panties in a twisty, different strokes different folks. I'd take an EV for work days / shopping usage just to help keep maintenance down and to be honest the quiet would be welcomed as you don't always need fast and loud. It makes it more fun and you enjoy it more when you do get to go out and burn some fuel again on the weekends. I see higher end cars on base / leaving all the time literally never touching the throttle from point A to B so whats the difference when you're not using those cutouts, BOV's, screws, cams, showing off, ect... Gas and wear reducing the overall life of parts just from and for general use anyways just because of EV hate? #coolstorybruh

Secretly people are arguing the opposed but would take one anyways. Pointless fight lol.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
You are correct and no where did I say it is currently available. The point is, that tech is coming soon and there will be no excuse for how long it takes to recharge.
You said they had gotten charging down to 5 minutes. The point is you are full of ****. Tech is coming soon… no **** Sherlock. You could say that about anything.

Intervention302

Established Member
How's your potato president doing?
What's built?
What's back?
What's better?

Is there any aspect of the average American's life that's actually better now than 2 years ago?

But, just because he is pro-ev doesn't mean he is pro biden. Unless you know him I don't know

Intervention302

Established Member
You said they had gotten charging down to 5 minutes. The point is you are full of ****. Tech is coming soon… no **** Sherlock. You could say that about anything.
No diss to Ford, but I don't see them the ones cracking the battery charging speed. Cable is one thing

I'd look at the DC Megachargers Tesla will be using to charge the day delivery Tesla Semis

I think they are projecting 1.5 megawatts

That's so much I can't even visualized it

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

You can probably get to a 5 min charge if you are OK with fire.

All the battery "breakthroughs" are complete bullshit.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
No diss to Ford, but I don't see them the ones cracking the battery charging speed. Cable is one thing

I'd look at the DC Megachargers Tesla will be using to charge the day delivery Tesla Semis

I think they are projecting 1.5 megawatts

That's so much I can't even visualized it
Yes the cable is a very small piece of the puzzle. Neighbor actually worked on this cable…. I have had discussions with power providers on development project, they are very skeptical how this is going to work (on the down low of course).

Intervention302

Established Member
Yes the cable is a very small piece of the puzzle. Neighbor actually worked on this cable…. I have had discussions with power providers on development project, they are very skeptical how this is going to work (on the down low of course).
But their cable is watercooled!!!! Yeah and so is the Tesla Charger already from 2-3 years ago.

Intervention302

Established Member
Need to get vehicle roof solar 1,000 x the production currently available. Problem solved… lol.

There will never be a vehicle that is able to recharge itself by self carried solar panels.

A model 3 would at BEST be able to add 3-5 miles a DAY. Maybe a van that had deployable sun panels when parked might be able to add 10-20 miles a DAY in LA

My DQs electric bill is $5000+ and I joke when the solar companies ask if I want panels. I said thats like pissing on a grease fire lol

Now your house is a different story however. Likely putting panels on my house this summer.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not so sure about that. You have an actual study on that?

Of course this is dependent on where you live. I live in the woods. Non issue
I think the large majority of the already constant brown outs California has as an example would be a precursor to the issue of a very large city or heavily populated state having problems maintaining those power levels. Where you are, you’re right it would be a non issue.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
There will never be a vehicle that is able to recharge itself by self carried solar panels.

A model 3 would at BEST be able to add 3-5 miles a DAY. Maybe a van that had deployable sun panels when parked might be able to add 10-20 miles a DAY in LA

My DQs electric bill is $5000+ and I joke when the solar companies ask if I want panels. I said thats like pissing on a grease fire lol

Now your house is a different story however. Likely putting panels on my house this summer.
Probably right. We have solar on several buildings. It’s great….as long as it’s subsidized.

Intervention302

Established Member
I think the large majority of the already constant brown outs California has as an example would be a precursor to the issue of a very large city or heavily populated state having problems maintaining those power levels. Where you are, you’re right it would be a non issue.
Thats because the Cali commies shut down their natural gas plants before sufficiently building up the sustainables. Not my problem they are dumb

In the developed parts of this country whre the homeless dont shit so mucvh on the street that theres an interactive ap for it, I don't see it as a problem

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Idk EVs just don’t do it for me. I’ll go down fighting for my environment polluter

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
What's built?
What's back?
What's better?

Is there any aspect of the average American's life that's actually better now than 2 years ago?

But, just because he is pro-ev doesn't mean he is pro biden. Unless you know him I don't know
Well,.......he is anti-Trump, so pretty much anti-American.

I'm not saying Trump, the person is an awesome dude. I don't know him. His policies are awesome.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Need to get vehicle roof solar 1,000 x the production currently available. Problem solved… lol.
Physics. You can't do it. The energy isn't there, even if you could convert it all, instead of just the 19% that current solar cells can convert.

I had a friend tell me his regenerative braking added power to his batteries. I had to explain how most of that is still converted to heat because a battery can only absorb so much charge at one time. And he was saying, no, it was free energy. I said, if that were the case, drive with your foot on the brake all the time and you'll always be charging the battery! You'll never have to stop, never have to recharge!

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm all for electric. But no government push, no government incentives for producers or buyers. If electric is better, the market will bear it out. If electric can't make it in the market, it deserves to die. When Buffet starts putting all his money in new nuclear power plants and wire-making companies, let me know. Until then, electric ain't gonna make it.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I am sure this will end well. If there is one thing that we know it is that the Chinese and Congolese are trusted business partners

"Congo accounted for 70% of the world’s total output of cobalt last year, with Chinese investors controlling a similar proportion of cobalt production."

Users who are viewing this thread