Who DOESN'T have a garage for their Cobra? I need a support group in here

arizona302

Established Member
My neighbor is making a stink about my "Cover-it" garage. She called the town on me. I know it violates code but she's just a f*ckin crotchety old bird who can't mind her own business. Now it looks like the car will sit outside all the time which sucks because there are pine trees all around that will make a freakin mess of my car.:mj: :mj: :mj:

Pyro

Established Member
What a biatch! I guess it's time for a car cover. They are a pain but at least it will save your paint from the tree sap and bird crap. I have a garage but I also have a 7 year old who loves to ride her bike. Needless to say, since I got the cobra and a new Lexus, her bike resides in the back yard and she is banned from the garage. She performed some amazing artwork on our old minivan with chalk. Sometimes there are worse things than pine trees! I cant chop down my daughter!

soniccobra 03

SONIC SLO POKE
Established Member
Feel for ya ,once had a neighbor like that. Needless to say they moved pretty soon after moving in,guess they didn't like me dunno. I park my cobra outside under a cover(walmart). Sure wish i did have a garage though.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
How does it violate the code? Isn't your car garage like a big tent?

Last year my cobra was covered in 5' of snow. I almost sh!t myself.

arizona302

Established Member
The town I live in has strict guidelines on snow load and wind load. The Cover-it garage doesn't meet either of these requirements. I'm so bummed out right now you have no idea. At least it's not December/January then I'd really be f*cked. Living in the northeast sucks for us car nuts. It's so damp all year round and the winters can be brutal. I'm jealous of the AZ/CA/TX folks out there.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Sure the weather is great, but you don't have to run on our dragstrips.

Ask anybody who's run at Carlsbad,CA in the last five years, they'll tell you about the weeds growing in the lanes. Or the blowing sand at LACR.

We'll let you move here if you bring a track owner/manager with you.:D

We'll even give you 270 days of sunshine a year.

John

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I have a garage but I hardly get to use it. I had a cover for my GT but it melted when I threw it in the drier (too long I guess).

I'm out looking for a new cover as well.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Talk with your attorney (most will give you a free 15 minutes) to find out how you can stall or derail any city actions. Talk with the city attorney to explain your situation (politely), some can be reasoned with into not taking any action, or will accept a plan that gives you time. Maybe you can make it really inconvenient on your nosy neighbor by forcing her to show up at hearings (that you repeatedly postpone). Finally, look for any violations on the part of your neighbor and turn her in (doesn't solve your problem, but may make you feel better).

Video

Established Member
I dont have a garage, and I use the california car cover that I had for my 01 GT, fits great and keeps all that debris from gettin on it...

Downside--alot of xtra time!!! plus on windy days you gotta tie it down, and when it rains, some moisture will get through. All in all its better to have one than not IMHO, especially with a dark colored car!

Peace...

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
I'm moving in with my bro real soon... he has a 330Ci and a CBR600 - I really doubt all 3 will fit in the little 2-car garage, hopefully the two cars will though!!

~Berj

Friendchicken

Originally posted by ALA G8R
If all else fails, get some exhaust cutouts so you can give her a good hellow morning, noon, or night.

This is exactly what I was thinking. The noise in the ealy am is going to make the car shelter pale in comparison.

Whatabout starting your own business and using the shelter as your Pro Detail Shop? Do businesses play by different rules where you live? What could you do to make it pass wind/snow load standards?

I'd make that thing reinforced and so damn ugly with a sign on the side that read "This shelter is required to be so damn ugly cause my crotchety old neighbour called by-law"

arizona302

Established Member
Yeah I'm gonna let my car idle for a while in the mornings before I leave...with the somewhat loud MAC pipes aimed right at her house. Starting tomorrow. That drunk wrinkled old crab! :gt:

CobraTone

Established Member
I feel your pain man. I got my cobra as an early graduation present from college so I even had it sitting at the dorm!! Somehow I kept the door dings off with constant monitoring and extremely picky parking.

Now that I am graduated I am at an apartment complex, and guess what, first door ding! WTF?? I guess college kids aren't that bad:rolleyes: . Time for a car cover for me too, as I like to park under trees to keep her in the shade. Hopefully in a year when I get out of grad school I can buy a place with a garage or at least a car port.

Of course, none of this matters while my car sits at Ford waiting for a new head assembly. :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread