Who else here likes Video Games?

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
I used to play them non-stop in middle school and even the first part of high school.
Me too!
Middle school ('77-79) = PONG, nonstop
High school ('80-83) = MISSILE COMMAND, nonstop, with some Asteroids, Tron, Centipede, Tempest and Galaxians thrown in for good measure :thumbsup:

I still play Atari Arcade classics on PC. Max Payne is my favorite PC game of all times. The Unreal Tournament, MechWarrior and Starcraft/Warcraft series are also up there.

thom

The Logic of Being Fuzzy
Established Member
And one of my favorite recent games...
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. There's a sequel in the works, thankfully.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
GT4 looks ok, but there's only so much they can squeeze graphically out of the PS2. All the "screen shots" I've seen have been the replays (always look better) with static backgrounds and paper cut out people.

PS2 online is also a joke compared to XBOX Live. Every game has a different online setup and PW needed, plus there are no standardized things like buddy lists to make it easy to find what your friends are playing and join in.

The XBOX online, on the other hand, is AMAZING. I can't think of anything else that has been able to keep me up till 4am night after night. I actually had to stop playing for about 2 months just to end this semester on a good note.

I just picked up Ralli Sport Challenge 2, on a high-def TV the game looks INCREDIBLE.

To get the most out of your XBOXs, you guys with home theatre setups and/or high defs TVs really need to take advantage of what you have and run your XBOXs on your setups.

Knight of the Old Republic has some of the most amazing surround sound I've ever heard in a game.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
BTW,

Has anyone else picked up the LE Green Halo XBOX system?

I just grabbed one yesterday (2nd XBOX) and it looks awesome. I'm into that geeky stuff, but a nice change from a big black plastic box. :beer:

Slobra

Established Member
Doesn't Xbox live cost money?? F that. I have friends that use xboxconnect which is the same thing but FREEEE, and you can use modded xbox's....

MatchStick

Master of the drunken pee
Established Member
Originally posted by Slobra
Doesn't Xbox live cost money?? F that. I have friends that use xboxconnect which is the same thing but FREEEE, and you can use modded xbox's....

Yeah it costs $50 a year.

And RalliSport 2 does kick ass. Last time I looked I was ranked 145 overall with no glitches.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread