Who else is upset that ford is getting rid of most of it's cars for North America

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Plenty of people buy sedans. That's why Accords, Camrys, Civics, and Corollas are among the top selling vehicles in the country.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
ford suicided their sedan lineup when they stopped selling big "american" cars and instead focused on bloated fwd based econo boxes that simply cannot compete with their asian variants. The fact that the taurus is fords only "full-sized" sedan is laughable. Then they did double suicide by basing lincoln sedans on the same watered down platforms as the ford lineup.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... Then they did double suicide by basing lincoln sedans on the same watered down platforms as the ford lineup.

Yep. Thankfully, it looks like they're going to start trying to right the ship over at Lincoln. Hopefully, the next Continental will be riding on a RWD platform.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
ford suicided their sedan lineup when they stopped selling big "american" cars and instead focused on bloated fwd based econo boxes that simply cannot compete with their asian variants. The fact that the taurus is fords only "full-sized" sedan is laughable. Then they did double suicide by basing lincoln sedans on the same watered down platforms as the ford lineup.

They loaded up on small cars to meet CAFE. Honda and Toyota aren't doing all that well with their cars either.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Honda halted production on the accord for 11 days due to lack of sales.

The Camry is selling well but that's because they made it look good.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Honda and Toyota aren't doing all that well with their cars either.

True, but they still sell a ton of them, and more importantly, make money on them.

There will always be a market for cars. Ford is simply making a business decision to not compete.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
They loaded up on small cars to meet CAFE. Honda and Toyota aren't doing all that well with their cars either.

The new Camry is tits though.

maxresdefault.jpg

8a-2018-Toyota-Camry-first-review.jpg

Never_Enough

Established Member
For a Camry it's stylish (makes me do a double take), but all I see is way too many hints of Lexus styling cues that makes me feel like they tried too hard. IMO that front end is horrendous.
Front end looks like a bird got its beak smashed in.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yeah...But for a Camry you have to admit, it ain't half bad.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
For a Camry it's stylish (makes me do a double take), but all I see is way too many hints of Lexus styling cues that makes me feel like they tried too hard. IMO that front end is horrendous.

Well Lexus is their brand, so no surprise if styling cues from their luxury brand are starting to make its way to their bargain brand.

We went hyundai. Same mohs and features, 100k warranty. Its got 90k and has only ever needed maintenance

The only thing that I hate about my hyundai is dealer experience (3 in my area and they all are retarded), whereas the Ford dealer we go to is awesome. 54k on my gen and it hasnt had a single issue though.

Dusten

Established Member
Well Lexus is their brand, so no surprise if styling cues from their luxury brand are starting to make its way to their bargain brand.

The only thing that I hate about my hyundai is dealer experience (3 in my area and they all are retarded), whereas the Ford dealer we go to is awesome. 54k on my gen and it hasnt had a single issue though.
Ya I fight them a bit. Took it in at 60k got a coolant flush, next oil change they recommended a coolant flush...

Users who are viewing this thread