Who else sells...

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Poly differential bushings besides Steeda? Not the IRS bushings, but the other ones near the pinion?

I can only find the Steeda ones, and I'd like to compare prices.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
They are made by energy suspension and sold by Kenny Brown and Steeda. I would recommend not installing the urethane pinion bushings. The problem is that urethane does not react well to high temperatures and the differential gets very hot. I had them on my car and they became deformed and failed. The more significant issue is when they fail they transfer the entire load of the differential to the differential cover bushing which can cause a cover failure. I now have KB aluminum pinion bushings on my car. Other then them being incorrectly designed for the 03 Cobra, which only required additional spacers to make them tight and fit correctly, they work well and I didn't experience any increase in NVH. There is another guy Stangcobra93 making aluminum pinion bushings for $70 shipped and he has assured me they are correctly designed and fit perfectly. I know several people running them and they haven't reported any problems other then an increase in gear noise when used with a T2R differential.

Last edited:

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Hmmm, thanks. I was avoiding going with the aluminum because I had been told that they were horribly noisy. I guess that's what the stereo's for, eh?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by cydewaze
Hmmm, thanks. I was avoiding going with the aluminum because I had been told that they were horribly noisy. I guess that's what the stereo's for, eh?

I had no significant increase in NVH with the aluminum pinion bushings. If you install the KB aluminum bushings as directed by KB you will have major issues including noises.

Please read this thread before you attempt to install the KB bushings.
KB Aluminum Differential Pinion Bushing

Users who are viewing this thread