Who has leased their 2011 GT?

Driver72

Established Member
My local Ford dealer tells me they have "great" lease deals.
I asked him what kind of residual value they are getting on the car for a 3 year lease, and he responded about 60%

Anybody leased yet for 3 years?
What residual value did you get, because 60% is great and almost hard to believe on the Mustang.

fangstang

Established Member
I was recently told again that Ford will not be leasing the mustang due to people returning the cars abused. I dont know how true this is but I'd also like to know if I can lease a new GT and what the residuals and money factor is.

Driver72

Established Member
I was recently told again that Ford will not be leasing the mustang due to people returning the cars abused. I dont know how true this is but I'd also like to know if I can lease a new GT and what the residuals and money factor is.

Well again, i was at Galpin Ford today (the world's largest) and was told by one of the designated Mustang sales guys (he's an old timer there) that the residual is around 60%
When I asked money factor he told me, with top credit around .0015 (3.6%) and with not so great credit .0035 (8.4%) but he also said, which is true, that it changes everyday based on finance rates.

Heck I asked about leasing the GT500, he said they'd do that too, but it's "rare" and the price goes up quite a bit, because as you said, with a specialty car made for track duty, they don't want it returned beat to pieces.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Well again, i was at Galpin Ford today (the world's largest) and was told by one of the designated Mustang sales guys (he's an old timer there) that the residual is around 60%
When I asked money factor he told me, with top credit around .0015 (3.6%) and with not so great credit .0035 (8.4%) but he also said, which is true, that it changes everyday based on finance rates.

Heck I asked about leasing the GT500, he said they'd do that too, but it's "rare" and the price goes up quite a bit, because as you said, with a specialty car made for track duty, they don't want it returned beat to pieces.

If the residual is 60% for 3yrs that is insane!! Regardless of the rate, the payment would be rediculously low on the car. He is incorrect is stating the factor changes daily with rates though. If FMCC has a Red Carpet program, the rates are like every other offer and in place for a set time period.

Driver72

Established Member
If the residual is 60% for 3yrs that is insane!! Regardless of the rate, the payment would be rediculously low on the car. He is incorrect is stating the factor changes daily with rates though. If FMCC has a Red Carpet program, the rates are like every other offer and in place for a set time period.

Yes if Ford has a particular offer.
The banks however change daily, like mortgages do. I don't think FMCC has lease rates on the car right now.

I said the same thing about 60% on the Mustang. I think my BMW 335i was 58% and that was high. Audi's S4 was set at 56%, and most "average" cars get like 50-55%.

I'll have to go in there and talk numbers when I'm ready to order the car.
But I was hoping somebody would have leased on by now.

Dave07997S

Established Member
I would rather lease as well...3 and flee. When I look at the purchase of the car the payment was only $200 away from me leasing a new E92 M3...I would rather do the M3 as I get the full tax advantages of leasing as I am self employed and can write off most of the payment.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread