Who has self published a book before?

musclefan21

Established Member
I am getting ready to publish my very first book and going to be using amazon kindle. Any dos and donts?
Thanks folks

MG0h3

Established Member
There is at least one person who publishes through kindle. Can’t recall the name so hopefully he sees this

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

musclefan21

Established Member
It is a non fiction, law enforcement related. Basically for those who are seeking local, state or federal law enforcement career, the book gives somw in-depth advice on what to do and what no to do during the application processes and also how to ace the academy. Also what to really expect when you report to any types of law enforcement academies.

I have worked at official capacities on local state and federal law enforcement, so I decided to pay it forward to those who wish to follow a similar path

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
The main thing is: look at the preview it will give you before you hit send. Don't just skim it, read the whole thing. If it gets put up with a bunch of errors you don't discover till later, you can only delete it. Then you have to re-edit and re-post it. That's ok, but if you do that, you should include a note, something like "2nd Edition," in the title, so folks who have bought it know this the same thing.

Ask me how I know. Note the term "2nd Edition" in one of my titles.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Also: tell us when it is up! Author name and title! Ask a mod if you can post a link to it, even.

musclefan21

Established Member
It is a non fiction, law enforcement related. Basically for those who are seeking local, state or federal law enforcement career, the book gives somw in-depth advice on what to do and what no to do during the application processes and also how to ace the academy. Also what to really expect when you report to any types of law enforcement academies.

I have worked at official capacities on local state and federal law enforcement, so I decided to pay it forward to those who wish to follow a similar path

Thanks James. So when I go through those amazon hoops, I need to review the preview it gives me? Does it randomly assign the preview or do I select what the preview will look like?

And when it is up, I will post it up. Hope some people can benefit from it.

Users who are viewing this thread