Who has shipped or had a car shipped?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
The guy that just purcahsed mine used a shipping company. They picked it up in a large parking lot near my home, and drove it up to Maine.

One thing to look for is to make sure they are fully insured. Besides that, Id just do a google search of their name to make sure there isnt anything negative about their company.

They guy who bought the car set the whole thing up.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Transport Reviews.com - Ratings and Reviews of Auto Transport Companies - Your Source For Finding a Quality Auto Transporter!

I'm actually getting my car picked up this Saturday, its going from Louisiana to NC. Basically it comes down to how much time you have to set up shipping. Because there are brokerages and actual shippers, and you'll get a definite date/time with an actual shipper but it will usually be 150+ to go that route. I actually used a brokerage this time around. I called last Wednesday to set it up and gave them this past Sunday as the first available pick up date, so it basically took them a week to get a shipper to pick up my car. Just make sure their insured and check reviews online about their services.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I have used D.A.S. twice and had a good experience. Another time it was HogHaulers but I think they went out of business recently.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
I had my car delivered to me from North Carolina to my house Albuquerque NM, in an inclosed carrier Company is Thomas C. Sunday they were great and specialize in nice cars. My cobra was with a bunch of vettes and vipers:D Price was very good i think it was $1500 and i believe its insurred as well. Irecomend them 100%

Enclosed Automobile Transportation Enclosed Car Shipping Enclosed Car Transport

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
Transport Reviews.com - Ratings and Reviews of Auto Transport Companies - Your Source For Finding a Quality Auto Transporter!

I'm actually getting my car picked up this Saturday, its going from Louisiana to NC. Basically it comes down to how much time you have to set up shipping. Because there are brokerages and actual shippers, and you'll get a definite date/time with an actual shipper but it will usually be 150+ to go that route. I actually used a brokerage this time around. I called last Wednesday to set it up and gave them this past Sunday as the first available pick up date, so it basically took them a week to get a shipper to pick up my car. Just make sure their insured and check reviews online about their services.

the people who qouted me are on there, 5 stars and 687 reviews in past year

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
the carrier carries the insurance, I have to inspect upon arrival. i dont expect any issues

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
I'm not going to nit pick...but enclosed shipping is a bit too much. I see if you have a Ford GT or Ferrari...your fine with an open hauler. Just check it when it goes on (sometimes when their putting it on you can ask him to put it in a certain spot. I was lucky enough the past 2 times to get a 10 car hauler (the big one) and I asked him to put my car on the botton behind the cab.

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
i found enclosed for 970, thats what I'm gonna do, car I'm buying has never been kept outside and I'd like to keep it that way. The company told me that if I use open trailer, that it may take up to 7-10 days after pickup depending on what else they had to do. Enclosed trailer only holds a couple of cars and will get here in 2-3 days, plus its not open to road debris or rock chips, etc....I can live with 970

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
road debris and rockchips? haha are they going to put your car in front of their truck as a shield? Whatever does it for you I guess, I feel its a waste of money.

Users who are viewing this thread