Who Has Shipped Tail Pipes?

uofipilot

Established Member
I'm looking to ship a pair of IRS tail pipes. Whose done this? Where the hell can you find an appropriatly shaped box, and about how much did it run you to ship them?

Thanks.

Hodgepodge

Established Member
I shipped pipes last year. I wouldn't plan on finding any boxes to fit your needs. Probably best of to start making your own

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
I've done it before and was lucky to be able to use the box that my new set came in. They shipped FedEx for about $30 from PA to KY. Sounds like you need some appliance boxes, a box cutter and heavy packing tape to make your own box.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
agreed....make your own box. and make it as small as possible to fit...otherwise you'll get charged more.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
if the end user has access to a welder, you can do chop lines that are numbered with alignment marks so he can weld them back together, and you can stick them all in a pretty small box.

hunterp

Established Member
I tried forever to find a box that would fit an x-pipe for shipment with no luck. I finally ended up wrapping it to death with bubble wrap.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
^ Haha! You had better clear this with the buyer, otherwise I'd be pissed. Nothing I hate more than a project that's a project!

oh yeah of course.

I shipped a GT catback this way and cleared with the buyer that it would come in chopped sections but each section was marked with a specific number and unique alignment mark (used different colored pens) and to just match the markings and numbers and weld. Dude had no issue as he did have access to a welder and i was still hooking him up fat ($30 shipped just to get the shit out of my garage).

Users who are viewing this thread